The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Notes and Poets celebrates BOZO the Clowns 60th Anniversary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I am organizing a Bozo the Clown 60th annivesary lecture.
Tom Holbrook will be talking about his book project on
the beginning of the character at Capitol Recrods.

He will bring some promotional items and will show
two promotional films.

If anyone lives in the area is interested in attending,
please do. Any questions, just contact me directly.

A PDF version of the press release and flyer is available
at my website for download.

PRESS RELEASE

Spring Grove - August 12, 2006 - Come out to the McHenry Public Library and celebrate the 60th anniversary of Bozo the Clown on September 17th at 1pm. Join Tom Holbrook of Elgin, IL as he will talk about his book project "The Origin and History of Bozo 'The Capitol Clown'“. The book focuses on the years 1946-1956, when the character was developing into a promotional character for many of the things that are used today. Books with 45 records, comics, coloring books, and more. The book discuss about many of the actors who portrayed Bozo since the conception of the character. With the forward is written by the creator of Bozo at Capitol Records Mr. Alan Livingston.

The presentation will discuss about the creation of the character, some promotion items from his collection, and two rarely seen before promotional movies. Some of his items are currently on display at the McHenry Library, located at 809 Front Street (Rt. 31) in McHenry, IL.

Holbrook, has been an avid collector of all things related to Bozo the Clown since he was six years old. He became friends with the WGN-TV Chicago cast and learned from them what it took to be clown, taking the instruction and advice from the best in the business. Today he is full-time professional entertainer, working around the region as a clown, magician and balloon artist.

Besides the Capitol Years book project, he is also compiling a book of all the Bozo promotional items that were made available over the year, as well as, continuing his research on the magician Harlan Tarbell.

The event is free and will be in the meeting room at the library. The first 40 people attending will receive a Bozo Button. There will also be a raffle of some Marshall Brodien magic items. It is hosted by Notes & Poets organizer Frances Mai-Ling of Spring Grove, IL.

Notes & Poets brings the original creative artist to the stage. Literature, Music, Visual and Magical Arts. This new format brings visual, performance, musical and literature artist to talk about their work, themselves and their influences in an intimate, warm setting. It allows the artist to reach out to both the general and artist community. Each N&P events has between one to three featured artist for a 20 min slot, within the four disciplines and then an Open Stage is presented to the general public on a first come, first served basis with a two piece minimum to allow for cycling if time permits. We believe in Equal Opportunity for all Artists and their passion for their art.
We believe in inspiring and enhancing each other as artists and the world around us. To enrich each other with new ideas. To influence, to collaborate, to learn. It is not a place to show off or upstage. We are all equals in our own right.

If you are interested in joining or being a part of the next event contact Frances Mai-Ling at http://www.mai-ling.net.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Yesterday's N&P was fantastic.
I'm going to upload the fotos of
Tom and the stuff that saw the
light sometime today. In my
journal soon.

www.mai-ling.net
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

www.mai-ling.net
Chuck Lyons
View Profile
Loyal user
Channahon, IL
264 Posts

Profile of Chuck Lyons
Marshall these were great photos thank you for sharing them with us. Sorry I could not make your event. Chuck
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Glad you liked them.
We'll do another one when
Tom's 400+ page book is
physically published.

www.mai-ling.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Notes and Poets celebrates BOZO the Clowns 60th Anniversary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL