The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Croc Hunter Gone. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
And now he is in heven, getting ready to give the angels their first lesson in crocodile behavior.

A moment to pray for his family...
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I really never thought this could've happened. I mean he wrestled crocs, held dangerous snakes, went after elephants. I guess I thought someone like that was invincible, I wish I wasn't wrong.
Tarbell!
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Sad indeed, A guy so full of life...

:( Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Cliff! Your comments brought a smile to my face. I can see him doing that too. Isn't amazing in the face of tragedy you remember the great things about people?

On another note, I wonder with all the paradies of Steve that happen all the time, will those cease to be done or will the humour live on?
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Why? Steve was a character and a friend to all- that was his appeal. Learn from it and add it to the colors of your life.
"Cricky" - back at you Mr. Irwin.

CW
POOF!
TheManWithoutFear
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of TheManWithoutFear
I can't begin to explain the feeling on waking up this morning with this news. I guess I was a bigger fan than I thought. My wife is a huge fan so I was really struck by the effect that it had on her. The world seems a little more empty now. All I can say is saddness.
Take Care Steve. You're in a better place now.
God bless your family.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
I was shocked when I heard this today. This is so sad. He was a great entertainer with the gift to show us the wonders of nature. After watching his show I liked even the ugliest creatures.
He will be missed.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Sad, sad news indeed.... a short slide show tribute...

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doci......96860818
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Oh man, I can't believe it. I liked Steve a lot! Even though he was playing with fire and the odds were favorable that something like this might happen to him, it still doesn't seem real. I heard that the stingray stung him near his heart.

R.I.P. Steve.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The stinger pierced his heart...like a spear and shut it down. Not the venom which is usually not a man killer type.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Rest in Peace, Steve...

We got the word early this morning, and were in deep shock...

My wife and I have both worked with wild animals (yes, we are trained) and have a deep and abiding respect for conservators such as Steve Irwin...

Steve said in several interviews that he had two gifts...

The gift to understand and work with the most dangerous of wild animals,
and also the gift of relating to the camera...

He therefor felt himself duty-bound to help shed light on the plight of Mother Earth's animals...What was most incredible and laudable was the fact that he could make you LOVE the ugliest, meanest, and most deadly of our planets critters.

While his humor sometimes detracted (in some folks minds) from his mission, he never once strayed from his duty....

To Educate, Protect, and Conserve the animals we, the supposedly 'superior' species, are supposed to be sharing this planet with...

I can only pray that someone carries on in his work and continues to show the people of the world the wonder and beauty that our animal cousins have to offer...

And to insure that we never forget that they have just as much right to be here as we do.

Our prayers go out to Terri and the kids...Also to all of those lives that Steve touched (his hundreds of employees and volunteers)...

God Bless you Croc Hunter, and Thank You for your wonderful legacy...

Sincerely,

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
From the Australia Zoo site:

Media statement – 4 September 2006

Steve Irwin

At 11am today, the 4th September 2006, Steve Irwin was fatally wounded by a stingray barb to his heart whilst filming a sequence on Batt Reef off Port Douglas for his daughter’s new TV series.
Emergency services were called from Cairns Rescue Base and met Croc One, Steve’s rescue vessel at Low Isle on the Great Barrier Reef.
The Croc One crew performed constant CPR during the thirty minute dash to Low Isle, but the medical staff pronounced Steve dead at approx. 12 noon.

His producer and closest friend, John Stainton said on Croc One today,
“The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest Dads on the planet. He died doing what he loves best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. Crocs Rule!”
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2006-09-04 02:23, Eddie Garland wrote:
How many people are killed by Stingray's each year? I was not aware this could be a problem.

Three, not each year... ever.

This was really a freak occurance.

I think if Steve had to choose, he'd rather go this way, doing what he loved.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Wow, 3?

so I'm guessing that is counting Steve, right?

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
The Sting Ray

That will give you an idea of what happened and how it happened as well as a diagram of the stinger...wicked.

Also, wasting no time...Discovery has started a Fund in Steve's name.
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
RIP Steve you shall be sadly missed by all Gods creatures
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I received a phone call from a dear friend whose acquaintance worked with Steve Irwin. I don't know the gentleman but he had many great things to say about The Crocodile Hunter himself.

During the time he knew him, he was privy to the huge personal efforts and expenses he dedicated to the conservation of many animals. In many cases he single handedly worked to reverse the effects of man's developments on animals. High on his list were many endangered species, which he stopped at nothing to save from extinction.

His safety was always a concern as part of his efforts to rescue, rehabilitate, breed and release into the wild these very creatures, which he often handled by hand. But he would have it no other way and was often in a position to make the "executive decisions"...

During his time, he accomplished the very things he set out to do in the preservation of many dwindling animal species.

He and his lovely wife were quit the duo! Smile
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Irwin was a one of the kind bloke. Loved animals, loved his life and knew the dangers of what he was doing.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I got a phone call this evening at roughly 8:30 and one of the random things the person on the other line asked was, "Hey, you know the crocodile dude? He died. Yeah..." Too many deaths for me this year. A bit hard to handle, you know? Great people, great lives...this really breaks my heart (no pun intended). I can't seem to say more.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
This is horrible. I didn't know Mr. Irwin at all and like most people my only exposure of him came from t.v. but I'm really sad and shook up by this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Croc Hunter Gone. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL