The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » A Great Chain Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gisuane
View Profile
New user
James Freeman
2 Posts

Profile of Gisuane
Smile This is my first post here, so I'm not sure if this is an appropriate forum for this or not. If it isn't, I appologize.

A while back, I saw a routine with a simple length of chain, the kind dogtags are on or necklaces are made of...

Included with it was a routine with (in my opinion) FANTASTIC patter with an old-timey snake-oil salesman kind of tone.

It's the kind of routine I'd love to buy...

...if only I remembered the name of the trick. If you know what I'm talkin' about... or have any idea what I'm talking about... please, please let me know. I've been trying to remember for about a year now and haven't had any luck.

Thanks...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It's called the Chain Gang, by Mark De Souza
it's a great video on this scam.. and Mark presents a wonderful routine and patter;
another video by Whit Haydan and Chef Anton
"fast and Loose" the school for scoundrels,

hope this helps.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Or are you maybe thinking of the Siberian chain escape????
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16948 Posts

Profile of joseph
You could be thinking of the endless chain swindle. Johnny Thompson has a great routine on his tapes, and Harry Lorayne also has one. This effect can also be purchased as a separate routine. Check Hank Lee's website. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
That sounds like Doc Wayne's "Chump Chain." The characters delivering the patter is Professor Alphonse Faloota; he refers to his wife Fast Fanny Faloota. Sound familiar?
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
It very well may be the Fast and Loose, found at the School for Scoundrels website. I saw Whit perform this a couple weeks ago and it was wonderfully entertaining.
Gisuane
View Profile
New user
James Freeman
2 Posts

Profile of Gisuane
Smile I didn't expect such a fast and interesting response! Thanks, all!

I think it was "chump chain", but I'll chcek out the others mentioned too

Thanks again! Smile
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Wow... there are a lot of chain routines out there... I wonder how much more new material we can pull out of magic?? lol
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
manix
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of manix
It has also been known as "On The Barrelhead". Other than the sources already mentioned, you can find a description in "Expert Gambling Tricks" by Nick Trost.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » A Great Chain Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL