The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Chop Cup and Cups and Balls-- What's the difference » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

myname1960
View Profile
Regular user
Chris from Ohio
111 Posts

Profile of myname1960
Hey gang,
What is the difference between the Chop Cup and Cups and Balls. They look similar to me except I think the Chop Cup uses 1 cup while the latter uses 3 cups.
I have seen killer Cups and Balls routines but don't think I have seen a Chop Cup routine yet.
Are there some things that can be done in both and other things that can only be done with each type of routine.
I hope I asked the right questions . Thanks in advance.
Chris
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
269 Posts

Profile of danny
Yes, there are things that can be done with a chop cup and not with the cups and balls. Paul Daniels used to do a chop cup routine that was hilarious (mind you, you probably don't know who he is if you're not in the UK!). I would recommend buying both tricks, and if you just want one I would go for the Chop cup. It is my favourite.
Hope I have helped.
Dan
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
The cups and balls rely on sleight of hand. The chop cup uses a gaff in addition to sleight of hand. The number of cups is irrelevant in the distinction, as a cups and balls routine can be performed with one, two, or three cups, as can a chop cup routine. (Though three for C&B and one for CC, as you noted, is the norm.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Chop Cup and Cups and Balls-- What's the difference » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL