The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Still Fancy a Pot of Jam - James Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
FlippingWonderful
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of FlippingWonderful
I'm using a 30g pot of jam I picked up from our local Café... it is exactly the same size as James'
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
To be honest, the eisiest thing to do is go into a hotel and ask if they have smaill pots of jam served with breakfast (most do) then simply ask if you can have one. After the first one that I bought the rest have been replaced at gigs just by asking nicely!

James Brown
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
Jam is popular all over the UK.

As the odd blonde kid on the frosties add says its great.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Zak, doesn't he say, "They're GONNA taste great" numerous times?...haha! What an awful ad it is, by the way! I agree completely, James' DVD is very popular amongst magicians nationwide. Great job, James and Peter!

Cheers

Chris
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Is this available in the States yet?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Hey guys, just performed this at a gig for the first time, wanted to have it right before I performed it, though I was a little sneakier! I have two Jam pots. So after the first appearance I make it re-appear on their shoulder after they take it off, then vanish the jam again and it appears on their shoulder, then to finish I turn them slightly re-loading a pot of jam on their other shoulder. Then take the Jam pot off them and vanish it once more beforeit appears on their other shoulders. The great thing about James effects is that they are open to add your own touches on and make the routines for yourself!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this DVD or tried some of the effects?
www.magicman13.co.uk

huffers
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of huffers
Love the DVD! Hate the smug-ness.
Ian
magicmann
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of magicmann
This is one of the best DVD's to come out in a long time.

Paul
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I have to say wow really good stuff here. I was really suprised at all the great material, I love brainless travelers and band up. I highly recomend this if you do any walk around at all once again well done James and Peter
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I wasn;t sure about this... but this thread has me wanting it bad now =)
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Ok, I'm trying to perfect the pot of jam trick.....
has anyone, james, got any tips on the angles?
do you have a best postion for the spectator to be in when you load the pot?
from the dvd I noticed that in the lecture presentation the spec is on the right, in the live performance the specs seem to be either infront or to the right......
and sometimes its performed almost surrounded
maybe I'm worrying too much?
is it just one of those moves you on the off beat with balls?
I just think that at that point in the routine they maybe watch rather closely, as they have all ready seen the magic with the coins a couple of times?
one way or another, this is going into my repetoire as it is too good to leave out, so any pointers on this part would be much appriciated!
cheers for you help chris, I got it today thanks mate
thanks again james for a top release!
cheers
matt
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I just got the dvd and really enjoyed it. To mirror what other people have said, you definately need good basic card handling skills or the commitment to go and buy something that will teach you. as they are not really taught in depth. But that is what I love about the dvd. it just looks at the method and the presentation and does not go into any depth on sleights I already use.

There is not a bad trick in it. In fact the only one I wouldn't use is the pot of jam trick. Not because it's a bad trick, just because I have a problem performing other peoples signature tricks. That said I did try it on the mrs and she liked it. It's very much an attitude thing as is a lot of the other tricks.

In conclusion, if you want to learn some powerfull and commercial magic and see them performed in the correct setting then this is the dvd for you. if your expecting to be taught sleights then maybe learn them elsewhere and use this dvd as something to aspire to.

10 out of 10
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Anyone else want to add their thoughts or experiences? I keep going back to this DVD and somehow everytime I watch it I learn something new. Even the timing or mis-direction on an effect is helping me not only in the routines from the DVD, but also in my other routines
www.magicman13.co.uk

funkyguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of funkyguy
I think that this is a great video. The intro to it says it all. He mentions that all he has is deck of card, a coin, a pen and a pot of jam. I mean, that is all the we should need to perform miracles for the lay people. Enough of the big gimmicks, trick decks and crazy setups. This is real and it works super well. I love it!! My choice for the video fo the year!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2212 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for your comments Funkyguy

Peter
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Does James still teach the watch steal on the video?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Yes, but only the leather strap
www.magicman13.co.uk

theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
For those who get the DVD direct from me I will include a contact number for questions and problems.

James Brown
http://www.jbmagicman.co.uk

Follow magician only link on site
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
249 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I received this the other day. Great stuff on this. It may be a cultural thing, but I am wondering if the pot of jam trick will play out well with an international audience (in my case Japanese tourists). I have a friend in Australia who will hook me up with the pots of Jam. I am hoping that pots of Jam are universally funny. If not, I'll fill the jars with something else that is funny for Japanese tourists.

If all else fails I'll go ahead and purchase Kikuchi's Twisting Spoon and Paul Romhany's Toasted. Gives me an excuse to snack on the job. Hehe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Still Fancy a Pot of Jam - James Brown (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL