The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Still Fancy a Pot of Jam - James Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3255 Posts

Profile of warren
Hey john,you could use anything for the final load but I'd say the bigger and the more out landish the better.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
249 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Quote:
On 2006-10-02 07:52, warren wrote:
Hey john,you could use anything for the final load but I'd say the bigger and the more out landish the better.

The jar size and shape I think really helps with how this works. Outlandish is something I am working on. Actually I think a jar of wasabi would be totally unexpected for the japanese tourists I perform for. Wasabi usually comes in a tube, so I think that this would seem hilarious for them. I am hoping that my friend in Australia can get me a pot of jam in the 28g size. My hands aren't very big.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I just recieved the dvd. Some very nice routines James.

Band Up is an excellent reveal. Good thinking on getting it on the spectators hand.

The watch steal instructional is alright, I only wish I saw it in conjunction with the trick you were doing it with. Oh well.

I enjoy the bit on the extras with the three blokes at the bar and you were just jazz magic with them (it seemed) and the James Brown music in the background made me laugh.

Well thought out material James.
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
457 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Great video on a subject that is hard to find any material on, Walk around magic with cards. Not for beginners, but I feel this is one on the best DVD's I have bought in a long time.
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
The pots of jam trick is being very similar to a old supreme magic trick called small beer.

I hope it is being credited. For those who are not knowing about it here is a description...

'A variation on "How Much" by Milborne Christopher. You show a 10p and a 1p. Explaining that you went to buy a drink and that was the only money you had. You place these into your hand and explain that it is magic money, removing one and putting it into your pocket you ask how much is left. Both coins have returned to the hand! You repeat this, as many times as you wish. Until the last time you change the money into a small bottle of beer!'
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
I credit this variation in my lecture. This effect is based on "Cent (Scent)" by Roy Johnson. All effort has been made with crediting although someone somewhere will point out an omission.

Hope that answers the question...
juan king
View Profile
Regular user
Spanish
171 Posts

Profile of juan king
You are being very diligent. Very impressive for you being such a young man. I am likeing you.
Think not what magic can do for you, but what you can do for magic.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Hey guys, I am not sure about the size of a 1p and 10p so I was wondering if the us equvilant will work equally good? I am asking cause it seemed to be that cause of the size difference the "gimmick" might not work.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Use a quarter and a penny.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I've been going through this dvd again recently
it really is my best purchase it 15 years of magic!
james, can we look forward to any more releases from you in 2007?
top job mate!
cheers
matt
theboss
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of theboss
You'll have to wait and see..!!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Thanks james, looking forward to it mate
I'm sure you could give away a little more though........??
by the way, I read else where that instead of a pot of jam for the final load,
small pots of vaseline work well
just be careful what type of gigs you use it in ;-)
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Which sidesteal does he use?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Standard technical steal and also steal with top cover
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Any ideas on a different final load on the 11p trick?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Anything that fits in your hand. A mini deck of cards, a lime, a jumbo coin, a completely different coin, an egg, one of those milk containers you get in hotel rooms, chewing gum packet
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Been a while so sorry to bring this up

got this the other day and its great, best purchase ive made in magic for a long time, a lot the the effects require a few sleights and a lot of balls, I been doing the jam trick witha 50g pot of jam and ive got girly hands but its not being detected, you really have just got to do it!
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Still Fancy a Pot of Jam - James Brown (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL