The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Favorites from Alan Warner? (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I did not know that. I'd like to see this performance as I also own Pentra from his Egyptian range.

Thanks for your response,

hbenod
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi folks,

I have questions about two of Mr. Warner's effects that I own; my questions are tangentially related to this thread, and I thought people might either have suggestions or be able to route me to a more suitable category.

1. Can anyone suggest a good patter or handling for mini-mental? I was thinking, for instance, of introducing it as a test device to check how well my future-prediction powers are operating on the given day. I thought of making incorrect predictions at first, and then correct ones as I get in tune with "psychic forces" (or something). But I'm not sure if there's a quick, clandestine reset. That's just one idea; I'm open to to others!

I was intrigued by the idea of using mini-mental in conjunction with another effect, as suggested by hbenod. I'm not familiar with the Wellington trick, and would be curious to hear how you put the two tricks together, or, really, any ideas for how to make mini-mental more than just a one-off quicky.

2. I love Li Chang's boxes. It's great as it stands, but I had this weird idea that may or may not be practical. Here's what I envision: I make the Patience card -- let's say it was placed in my box -- travel to the spectator's box. That's easy enough and is described in the instructions. But here's what I'd like to add. Turn of the lights, and the spectators see a luminous image of a patience card float slowly from one box to the other; then turn the lights back on, and, sure enough, the card is now in the other box.

Is there any way to create such an effect in a close-up situation???

Thanks,

Bob
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Hi All, Well it is time to sell off my small Alan Warner collection.
I have about 20 items I bought over the years, but no idea of the current prices to ask.
SO, I could really use some help with pricing them.
If anybody has any guesses or follows Alan Warner's after market and could help
me estimate current market values it would be much appreciated.
Please PM me or send me an email and I will send you the full list.
Ed
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Hi all, Need a favor.
I'm missing page 3 (and 4 if there is a 4) of Maverick. Could someone take a good picture for me and
send it to edshern@gmail.com
I'd be happy to return the favor one day.
THANK YOU
Ed

Nevermind, Simon helped me out. Turns out there is only 2 pages. Explains why I'm missing the 3rd Smile
TomTom59
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of TomTom59
I only have one of Alan’s creations because being a hobbyist the pricing can be a bit restrictive, but every now and then my wife treats me to something special I want for Christmas, what I picked for my self from Alan was Pentra. For me this is one of those tricks that you own that has everything you could want for a relatively simple but ultimately impossible effect. Firstly the props are beautiful made all wooden, everything can be thoroughly examined before and after the effect, there is very little to no chance of the secret being found out, even some of my friends who have a little bit of magic knowledge don’t have a clue. But for me who has being doing magic for more years than I care to remember, this is one of those tricks that looks lovely, is lovely to handle, and puts a nice smile on your face when performing. I am hoping to talk my wife into getting me another Alan Warner piece this Christmas, which one I don’t no yet, Any suggestions would be welcome.
Tom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Favorites from Alan Warner? (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL