The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » 3 greats...and then some (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Hi all,

I think it'd be great if they could have David Acer, Richard Sanders or Jay Sankey be the headlining act this year. It's nice to the get the "Vegas" types but much more cost effecient (and entertaining" to get the local guys. Did I forget to mention Shawn Farquhar? How 'bout that? I am REALLY looking forward to attending this year.

Dom
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Hi, Dom!
David, Richard, Jay & Shawn have all been lecturers & performers at CAM already. I think David & Richard were at the first CAM in 2001. Shawn was at the second CAM in 2003, and Jay was at the third CAM in 2005.
Cheers!
Dan.
Dan McLean Jr
Ben Proudfoot
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Ben Proudfoot
Hi Dom,

Dan's got it right - I was talking with Joan Caesar a few days ago, and she said its a general rule of thumb that convention talent bookers usually wont book the same person year after year, but space it by at least 5 years. So maybe an upcoming convention will have those guys. And although the magicians you mentioned are absolutely great, the guys that Joan has booked and is planning to book are of the same caliber, and most will exceed your expectations. I look forward to meeting you at CAM, and if you check CAM's site, you will know the updates on who's being booked. Maybe one of your guys will be on that list! Who knows.

All the best,

Ben
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Hi guys!

I knew I should've been a little clearer on that. What I meant is it would be great to "workshop" with these guys rather than getting "McBride" or "Colombini" for the $500 US or so they charge. I'm sure it's worth it to some but unfortunately were not all kagillionnaires. Anyway, looking forward to meeting each of you, who know's, we may have already rubbed elbows in earlier years.

Bye for now,

Dom
MysticTraveler
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MysticTraveler
The cost for the Colombini workshop is only $40 U.S. That is not a Kagillion dollars
by any stretch of the imagination. I am already registered for the CAM and for the Colombini workshop. Am looking forward to it.

Mystic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » 3 greats...and then some (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL