The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Lighting Gel Tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I found a great way to liven up your act visually. Play around with layering 2 to 3 colored gels to achieve an actual Flourescent Color. You will need a good selection of colors to begin with but you will find it well worth it if you take the time to play.

I do not remember the exact combinations but begin with the hotter colors, magenta, lime green, purple, etc. A lime green gel mixed with a Yellow gives a Flourescent Green. 2 Hot Pink and a light purple is nice as well. Sometimes just simply Doubling Up the same color gel will look cool.

Of course this dims the lights beam but it is more for lower lit opening effects when using WHITE backdrops or dropsheets on the set. Bottom line is to play around until you get something cool. Some of you may have done this already but it is one of those situations where ya slap yurself on the head and say "why didn't I think of that?"
Hope you have fun with it.
Chance Wolf
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Lighting Gel Tip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL