The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest Cards Across.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Who are some of the best people you have seen perform cards across???I like the effect and feel there could be a lot of comedy put into it.What are some of the best bards across performance youve seen??

SIX
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
No offence meant, but why do you want to know? so you can check out others performing it and steal their material? maybe that's not how you meant it to sound and maybe I am just jaded a bit but I hope that's not what you meant, I think you are correct it has a lot of comedy potential but I will also say it is used quite a bit. most of the performers from the L.A. area coming up to the Bay Area to perform do a cards across, and a tossed out deck, and a book test, and etc... they almost seem like magic clones, of course they all have their own spin on the effects, (but for a magician it gets a little borring) my current favorite version of cards across is Jon Armstrongs Voo Doo I get a kick out of it.
(really no offence meant)
Rich
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
None taken, and that's not how I meant, I was curious as to what routines you guys like.I will look into the performers and ask them if they don't mind sharing there ideas on what makes the trick so powerfull when they perform it.I am working on my own cards across presentation.

Thanks A lot,
SIX
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
My favorite Cards Across routine is Simon Lovell's on his "Live" video. Hilarious!
mikevandecarr
View Profile
New user
Chicago area
48 Posts

Profile of mikevandecarr
Once again my friends I direct you to mac king's show. I quit doing cards across after I seen his act the first time...its that good.

nothing technical, just good presentation.

Best,
Mike
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
My personal favourite, was when David Williamson did this at Blackpool a few years ago, with a surprise ending. Well done Dave.

Best,

Sileeni....
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Did Williamson publish his handling??
sileeni
View Profile
Loyal user
UK.
260 Posts

Profile of sileeni
He had two people sat on opposite sides of stage each gaurded by ten volunteers.
He then began trying to get access to the person sat down by charging through the people who where gaurding, to try and move 3 cards from 1 spectator to another. At the end of the routine he ended up with only 7 people gaurding the spectator who was sat on the cards and 13 people around the other one. Difficult to describe, but it was a great climax. "Spectators across".

Well done Dave.

Best,

Sileeni....
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Agreed, Williamson's is great. However, I think the fact that it was for magicians made it that much funnier.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
I learnt Johnny Paul's version a long time ago. It's a great version.
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Greetings,

There's a new dvd from L&L Publishing called "World's Greatest Magic presents Cards Across". Hope this helps!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Cards Across version of Howie Schwartzman. He beats the heck out of one of the two guys he brings up to help. Really funny routine when he does it.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
I have a very old tape with Mr. Schwartzman's cards across. It is nice to watch.
Even nicer was meeting him at the 2005 S.A.M. convention in Boston.

Nicest having a routine that fits me and is adaptable to my audience at the time.

In other words what plays to a middle school audience, may have to be tweaked at a program at the penitentiary...or perhaps not.

Be safe, well and you.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
davidj40
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of davidj40
My nod goes to Mac King. As stated before it is all presentation. He is a comedic genius. Of all things, he wears a raincoat. He could be doing any trick and it would be funny.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Another vote for Simaon Lovell on his vid. He turns a simple trick into at least 5 minutes of pure comedy. This wasn't situational.......it came from WITHIN.....oo deep
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
Mac King all the way. I saw him at the eastbourne IBM and it killed me.

Properly funny
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2571 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Crisco
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Marc Levine
View Profile
Regular user
South Florida
125 Posts

Profile of Marc Levine
I second Mac King's routine. Also, check out Bill Malone's version. Quite simple, but very entertaining.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Paul Zenon does a great version with cash down two woman's tops
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Is Zenon's version on video anywhere. It sounds pretty funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest Cards Across.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL