The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest Cards Across.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1079 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On 2006-10-18 18:57, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Paul Zenon does a great version with cash down two woman's tops

I think I saw this on Comedy Central once, it was the World Comedy Tour; am I thinking of the same guy?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Nicholas, can you enlighten us about the Paul Zenon bit?
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
I once read that Jamy Swiss doesn't perform tricks that he thinks have been done as well as they can be done. I kind of feel that way about cards accross. I would love to do this trick but Mac King's version probably can't be topped. Mac King's show is just awesome.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
472 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Mac King is awesome !!
I saw his show and cannot stop laughing !!
His cards across is great
He wears a yellow raincoat, the technique is easy but the performance is incredible.
I also recommend Tom Mullica's version.
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
fredmoore
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of fredmoore
Doesn't anybody remember Tom Mullica's cards across? He used to do it in his lecture all the time. Very simple, very funny.

I don't know if it's on video or not.
www.moorefred.com

"Find A Job You Love And You
Add 5 Days To Your Week!"
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
534 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
I've done Cards Across in comedy clubs for a couple years. It's gotten good reactions, but not great. I guess I always felt that the end was a bit, anti-climactic. They could see where it is going after the first set of cards were counted. Anyhow I changed my routine recently and my reactions have been even better. I believe I'm happy with it now.
It's done the same up until the end. At the end, the first person stands and counts their cards. 7. The second person counts their cards. 12. I look dumbfounded the crowd laughs. They count again. 12. I am standing behind them, and smile. Then turn them around, and point at the card stuck on their butt and yell, 13!!
A simple addition, but gets a GREAT reaction. Methodology could be easily figured out.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Buster Balloon
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Buster Balloon
My wife and I got married in Las Vegas, and our friends(?) ratted us out at Mac King's show as newly weds, so we got pulled up on stage for the cards across. I have seen him do cards across many times, but it reaches a whole new level of hilarious when you are standing inches away from him while he makes those ridiculous faces while wearing a rain slicker. His had my vote before that, but that day cemented it.
Buster Balloon
Creative Genius, Balloon Twisting Savant, & Pre-Sweetened Breakfast Cereal Connoisseur
http://BusterBalloon.com
Flec
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
I use the version "las vegas leaper" by paul Harris. found it in 'las vegas close up' and it has also been in the art of astonishment..no sure which volume!

in the magic menu, bill Malone gives some interesting comments about this handling. after you give the 2nd spectator 7 (10) cards, they can actually count them themselves, as 10 cards, when really they only have 7. it leaves you clean as anything!

when I don't use this version (which is rare, I always do it!) I use Malones technique, simple but effective. I'm sure its not his technique, but its who I learned it off.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have seen/read versions by
Malone, Harris, Lovell, Carney, and whoever else was on the L&L DVD and the most entertaining and one that you could put yourself into would be Lovell's routine.

It's great and you can make it your own.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Sorcerer
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of The Sorcerer
I agree. Simon's is the best.
Cashetta
View Profile
Regular user
Rehoboth Beach, DE
128 Posts

Profile of Cashetta
Mac King!!! Genius!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funniest Cards Across.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL