The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Vol 2, The Top Palm by Michael Close (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Title: Palming – Volume 2 The Top Palm
Presented by: Michael Close
Medium: EBook with video features
Arena: Close up
Ability level: your ability will improve
Available: http://www.michaelclose.com
Cost: $19.95

When Michael Close, he of Workers fame, came out with the eBook on the bottom palm (Vol. 1, see the review) I was happy because I had always had problems with the bottom palm and wanted to learn it to do some of the card to pocket routines that I always liked. Using the eBook I finally was able to learn how to do the palm and do it with confidence, of course practice was required. Volume 2, the top palm, came out and I waited a bit to get it as I have been palming for years and figured I didn’t need the help….boy was I wrong.

First I want to again say that Michael and Lisa Close continue to put out the highest quality eBooks incorporating not only well edited text but very clear photo’s that show what needs to be shown but as an added bonus very nicely done video components as well. I’m not sure how this all works but the video is shot perfectly, the sound is great, loads quick as a bunny, and there is no stammering or hawing, the information is presented clearly and completely. Considering the garbage some put out as eBooks (hand written, scanned, full of errors) it is good to see people make a real effort to produce something that will pass the test of time. This IS the standard in magical eBooks and others had better step up or get out of the way. I cannot fault the product itself in any way.

This eBook is a continuation of Michael Closes efforts to provide the material needed to build a foundation in card magic. I’m not privy to what he and Lisa may have in the pipe line but the first volume on the bottom palm/gamblers cop and this new volume on the top palm are, and I hate to say it, necessities if you are a serious card guy. Card College is a great source of information but these volumes, 36 pages, go into detail more so than what Card College was able to. These are moves the intermediate to advanced card magician must know in order to continue growing in the art. In fact the inability to palm or a lack of confidence in your palm can be a roadblock to your growth. As I said, I thought I know how to palm, I didn’t, I do now.

The eBook opens with a discussion on what is a ‘hard sleight’ and then leads into an overview of the top palm itself. You are then introduced to the basic grip and Vernons Topping the Deck Palm. You are not only going to learn how to do the palm but Michael shows how to avoid some of the problems that are common to the palm. Some of what is covered is how to justify the movements of the hands, their proximity to each other, how to avoid framing, and then his thoughts on the palm. Other palms discussed are multiple card palms using leveridge principle, one hand top palm, Marlo’s Misdirection Palm, Erdnase Top Palm, Dr. Elliotts Palm, and the Gambler’s Flat Palm. Can you ask for more? Wait! There is more! Michael then goes into his thoughts on replacing the palm to the top of the deck, what to do after the palm, and how to practice.

I really enjoyed this product, I’ve liked all the eBooks Michael and Lisa have done, and I’m really glad I looked at this material. My palm is much improved and while I still have to practice to get away from some of my bad habits I am at least now heading in the right direction. Want to be a close up magician? Get these eBooks on palming!
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
I totally agree with Steve's review.

Michael Close delivers a lot more than I expected. This ebook is a thorough education on the top palm. There are more than a few nuances that improved my handling.

I also like the format of the ebook. The combination of text AND videos really helps.

This gets my vote for one of the Top Palm resources available.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I remember that he had a video out called Palming. Is it the same stuff?
Cards never lie
paladin1
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of paladin1
Michael Close ONLY puts out quality products! His palming tutorials will stand the test of time and help make the task of learning an intimidating action much easier.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Vol 2, The Top Palm by Michael Close (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL