The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The complete Manipulation Act. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Just out of curiousity want to see how all of us going to arrange a most complete manipulation act. The act of course must include card production, billiard balls, candles, canes, flower, and doves. If i miss out any of the manipulation items please do post it out. And let's crack our head together Smile to come up with the most spectacular and complete manipulation act. Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Eliminate the doves and add silks. Not everyone has doves or can readily get them.
Dennis Michael
w3irDO
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of w3irDO
Woops... Sorry Smile
NothiNG Is IMPOSSIBLE
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Added...

The Act, of course, must include card production, billiard balls, candles, canes, coins, flowers, and silks. Add enhancements to it such as flash paper and confetti.
Dennis Michael
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4865 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I think you are trying to cram to many types of manipulation into one program. I recently did a 25 minute act in a theatre setting on stage. The first part was manipulation and the second was apparatus type effects. It was done with a lady assistant with patter and times just with music. The maniplation consisted of a billiard ball routine with color changes and a vanish of each ball one at a time and then a flash production of all four (without any steal or the usual gimmicked balls). Next a card routine with color changes, flourishes, card spinning from the deck (not scaling) single card prod in a variety of ways, split fan prod, more spinning from hand to hand. Finally cards are sprung in the hat and I walk to the edge of the stage and shower the audience with cards from the hat(card fountain). The rest of the act included a lot of comedy with a rope effect, topsy turvy bottles, blue phantom, and flower productions ending with a botania. I can tell you if I performed for 25 minutes all manipulation the audience would have to be resussciated from sleep apnea. Remember you are entertaining the audience NOT yourself.
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
If you deside on Doves after all check out Dan Birches site. He sells the item he used on 30 seconds to fame.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
It would be good to add rope, multiplying candles, cash money, thimbles, coins and silk.

Abracadabra,

Dynamike
dmagi
View Profile
New user
Midwest, USA
5 Posts

Profile of dmagi
How about if you had 5 or 10 magicians all doing the exact same sequence, but each with a different object.

Produce, Vanish, Reappear, Vanish, Reappear, Teleport, Split, Split, Split, finale.

Oh, and then...

Pass it to the next guy.
Song repeats, a little faster...

Could be a hit at a magic convention.

Or you could go with a magic duel plot. I bet you can't do it with... This! (Reveals rubber chicken)
- Dan Devoe
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
With all these items, what is the time limit ?

Oliver.
dmagi
View Profile
New user
Midwest, USA
5 Posts

Profile of dmagi
Please notice this thread started in 2002 as a dream act for w3irDO.
If one must enforce a time limit, I'd have to suggest the standard 8 minute competition length.
- Dan Devoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The complete Manipulation Act. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL