The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How is Criss and David Blaine street magic anyhow? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Thanks Dave, now that's some useful info!! I'll be checking out Owen's site--I need all the tips I can get!
Magic in the Shadows
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hey, it seems this particular "style" isn't going away for a while. Might as well help them do things right.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego
209 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Killer, check it out.
Hey, what can I say

O YEAH

www.myspace.com/jeffmagicman

add me, talk to me....if you add me send a message telling me what your screen name
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Shot, you a hit and runner? You look a bit older than most of 'em.
Steve V <--formerly of JAX
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
Not previously Steve, but it seems like folks enjoy it, and it opens up new opportunities for me to amaze people. Since getting back into magic recently, I've been trying to work on effects which leave 'em gasping, then I just leave.

My Dad took me to see Blackstone Jr, which was very cool since he saw Blackstone Sr when he was a child. He also took me to see James Randi perform, which was great. Lately, although I don't like their use of stooges and camera positioning, I have to admit I like Criss Angel and David Blaine (insert groans here). What I like about them is that when they perform on the street, although they may do what ~we~ know of as typical magician's tricks, it comes off as something new, something fresh, to these "street" audiences.

And yes, I'm 40--say didn't Copperfield just buy the Fountain of Youth?? I may have to visit that island, LOL.

Scott <-- I'm from Oxnard, CA originally...I lived in JAX in '72 when Dad was in Thailand/Laos (but that's another story).
Magic in the Shadows
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Ya know, the first magic show I went to was Blackstone Jr when he played the Caféteria of my school back around 1968 or 69. That was what got me interested in magic, great show.
Steve V
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well there are exceptions to every rule and the one person who was "on" 24/7/365 (no holidays) was Tony Andruzzi. He WAS Masklyne ye Mage - a sorcerer - a guy who could and would, scare the daylights out of any and everyone, while cackling that patented cackle of his while he did it.

But he was the exception that tests the rule.

VERY few, if any of us, could handle that kind of a role. He was the bizarrist's bizarrist. And also one of the funniest comedy mages in history (before he went "bizarre") in his earlier role as Tom Palmer, where he also lived THAT role 24/7.

Just to show that it CAN be done.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How is Criss and David Blaine street magic anyhow? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL