The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » DPSB Pictures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hi All,

Just posted some pics of me performing Cannon's "Diamond Plate Steel Box" on my blog
http://blog.myspace.com/theimpossibilist
Thougt that some of you might be interested in seeing them?

I'll have video up pretty soon too. I do have some video that I can email those interested. all you have to do is PM me with your email address and I'll get it to you.

Cheers,
Michael
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Michael...
Nice pics...good to see another DPSB in good hands. We love ours, Kristen got to try out Mark's personal one and purchased the second one that was made publicly available. We had Mark cut an additional 4 inches off the height to make it a really tight fit for her.

Let us know when you have video online, we would love to see it.

Keep us the good work!!!

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
cardcaptor
View Profile
Loyal user
tagaytay, philippines
257 Posts

Profile of cardcaptor
Very nice pictures, I also do escapes as a part of my ending act in my shows, its good to see the pictures of your shows. pls post the link of the video if you have it done.

thank you!
ILLUMINATI: Brotherhood knowing to be unusually enlightened with regard to the art of magic.

in memory of... SWIFTSHIFTER

"The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural"
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hey cardcaptor,

Thanks for the comments.

We have a montage video that's almost in it's final edit. If you'd like to see it now, I can email it to you if you'd like. If not, you'll have to wait for a few days before we'll post it on the website and on myspace.

I'll let everyone know when I post it.

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Nice Pics. That's your daughter doing the show with you? You must have a lot of fun with her boyfriends that want to take her out. >:o)

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hey Wolfie,

Ya....She gets her fair share of attention from the boys...LOL

She's actually been jumping in and out of Illusions since she was 8 years old.

She's currently developing her own act too.

BTW: I don't know why the video didn't open for you???

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
It kept telling me that my codec would not work or something to that effect. can I ask if you can try send it again. Maybe the file just got corrupt when the email came through. I did try download it again and still it would not work.

I can imagine your daughter does. Do like Banacheck and bring them in to watch a few mentalist routines and a few escapes. Then tell them that you know what they are thinking and that not even the cops will be able to keep you in jail afterwards. >:o)

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
First off, I would like to thank Michael for sending me the video.

It was extremely well produced. Good balance of close-up magic with escapes.

Having never seen the DPSB before (except in the Cannon's catalog), it definitely seems to be a great effect. I am a huge fan of full-view escapes. I also love the darby-style cuffs for the bridge jump.

This is a great publicity video. It left me wanting to see more from "The Impossibilist!!"
Richard Sherry
View Profile
Veteran user
Calgary, AB, Canada
313 Posts

Profile of Richard Sherry
Great job Mike!!!!!!!!!
Move over Criss..........Ah!!!! Whatever that guys name is????????

Keep up the great work!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Great Stuff Michael!

I love the DPSB!
http://darkartsmedia.com/Steel_Box_Escape.html
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hi All,

Thanks for the support!!!!

The video that has been mentioned is slated for completion and broadcast on Sept. 19th. It can be viewed on my myspace site. The body of the video is there, The editing team is just trying to complete the intro. This video is a montage and will be followed with New Podcasts every other week for the next while. They will have anything from close-up magic, stage magic, escapes.

There are a lot of interesting escapes and stunts slated for the next year. We now have a large team of consultants and builders that are all putting a great effort into creating these challenges, and impossible situations, that I have to face. A special thanks goes out to those of you who have become part of "Team Impossible". The countless hours of phone calls and emails have already set a lot of wheels in motion and brought some of these things to life. It's going to be an interesting year and it will be great to see all the ideas, drawings, and concepts become a reality.

They say that when you assemble a group of people with great minds, amazing talents, warm hearts, and ongoing spirit together, Expect nothing short of a masterpiece.

Wolfie, I'll try to email the video again. It will have to wait till tomorrow, because I'm out of town on a gig. I'm writing this from my hotel room but will be on my way home again tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for the support, and I'll keep everyone posted as to the ongoing adventures of "The Impossibilist".

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Thanks Michael. No Problem. I will gladly wait to see it. (Although, I must admit, everyone here is making me anxious to see it.) :o)
Wolflock
South Africa
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
Woflock,

I just tried to send it to you but it bounced.

"The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user's mailfolder is full."
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Full. It is Nowhere NEAR full. I still have 2 gig available. Ah wait you sent it to the Wolflock@magicformagicians one. Could you send it to Wolflock.com@gmail.com Please. Thanks for the trouble and effort. I really appreciate it.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I got it, thank you Michael and Adam. Great vid. Loved the bridge jumpers. What music did you use. That is great music.
I would love to come watch one of your shows one day. I could see what the hype was about.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Actually Wolfie, the hardest part of EVERY Video that we have completed was the music!!!! Can you believe that the song that we used on that clip took close to half a year to find, we have listened to 1000s of tracks!!!

It's a piece that I have purchased the broadcasting rights too and can use anywhere anytime. it will be the theme song for the opening of the show. I have also purchased another 20 tracks for use in some of our other projects.

Filming Magic/ Escapes at this production level is a lot of hard work, and requires a lot of patience. Most importantly, having a good production team is a must!!!

Thnaks again for the nice comments.

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Wow. I know the feeling Michael. My Music that I choose for any of my showss is HIGHLY important. has to set the mood psychologically and be entertaing as well as be something that all might listen to. I do create some of my own music. busy with some songs for Perry (Houdini Man). Ask him what some of my songs are like. If you would like I can email you a few that I have created and you can hear what they sound like.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Hey Wolf,

I'd love to hear the music that you've composed.

I also love to see all the different talents that people on the Café here have, outside of magic. That's what makes a forum like this so great. You never know how we can all help each other!!!

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Correct Michael. I will send some through to you during the week. Just have to convert them to MP3s.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » DPSB Pictures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL