The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Nesting a ] Trans-mission impossible and others (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
I'm working with some of Dean Dill's pieces from Coin Magic 2000, particularly his Trans-mission-impossible. My tape messes up right as he describes his way of setting the ] on the coin while covering them with his palm.

What am I supposed to do, lever it up by pressing the front down into the mat, or more of a purse palm type thing? I think that's what I hear Dean saying through the garbled video.

Neither look too good. The levering doesn't seem to work too well -- I really have to press down to get the back up high enough to nest. Pinching the ] between my first an fourth fingers doesn't look too smooth either.

Thanks for any tips.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
You should pm or mail Dean himself Joshua.
The pursepalm/frontfinger clip, like many, many coinsleights is more difficult than it looks at first try. It is one thing to be able to do the sleight technically, but something else to do it unnoticed. Very few guys I know can do it without the unnatural looking squeezing of the fingers and thumbs stretching spastically...

What you can try is covering the smaller motion of "clipping" with larger motions of movement of the hand.

It is quite a challenge to make the frontfinger clip look natural, let alone invisible. In spite of what a lot of people may tell you.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Nesting a ] Trans-mission impossible and others (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL