We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Corporate magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Hi guys,
I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but if not just direct me there. I am extremely new to the world of corporate entertainment but not to performing magic. For someone this new in the art, would you recommend any resources or advice?

I am willing to do close-up events and full stage comedy magic shows. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks for reading
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What are you looking for? To start doing it by getting shows?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
My suggestion is to start working trade shows. The pay is excellent. Read How to Work Trade Shows as a Business by CW Stanford. It is now in its 2nd printing. It is $25 (including shipping).

Stanford Productions
7209 Black Bob Dr
Stilwell, Kansas 66085
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Thanks Lee I'll look into that.
Danny, I apologize but I'm not quite sure what you meant in your question. I currently do shows weekly in a magic theatre, and have worked most all venues (excluding cruise ships and obviously corporate entertainment) but I would like to get into doing magic as entertainment for corporataions, with or without the motivational message. As you can see I'm quite new to this and would appreciate any feedback.
Hope this may clear it up!

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20346 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I wasn't sure if you meant doing shows and booking them, or by learning what tricks to do for them once you have booked them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
You might need to change your name
and your tag line

but then again
maybe not
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Thanks for replying Danny, I have not booked any shows regarding trade shows or corporate events yet as I am not sure what to do. I had heard that there is promotional product speech that must be done and to apply it to magic for some situations. It all seems very gray so I am trying to understand WHAT I need to put together this type of show.

MrHyde, my name and tagline seem fine to me!! Smile Smile Smile (and I don't know what that had to do with the topic.)
Thanks again

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Corporate magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL