The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Start rehearsing - here's a world champion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Try this instead: http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYUXaYCkv-A&a......garfield

He really is a World Champion.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
It depends how you define World Champion. He is an IJA gold medallist and a WJF winner of some events, however the International in IJA and World in WJF are highly disputable. Admittedly there aren't any properly international juggling competitions but the closest you would get would be the Monte Carlo circus competition held annually. The only jugglers who have got awards in this are Anthony Gatto (Gold Clown) and Kris Kremo (Silver Clown). Jason has not as far as I know ever entered.

Nigel
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
dg
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of dg
Quote:
On 2006-09-12 07:20, itshim wrote:
It depends how you define World Champion. He is an IJA gold medallist and a WJF winner of some events, however the International in IJA and World in WJF are highly disputable. Admittedly there aren't any properly international juggling competitions but the closest you would get would be the Monte Carlo circus competition held annually. The only jugglers who have got awards in this are Anthony Gatto (Gold Clown) and Kris Kremo (Silver Clown). Jason has not as far as I know ever entered.

Nigel

Good call Nigel, I was just going to post this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr8qKPgPgeA

who needs to have a `world champion' tag when you can do this.

David
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
As far as I know the IJA and the WJF are the only "juggling only" competitions. Similar to Unicon for unicyclists.

Monte Carlo is a circus festival/competition, and is based on many different types of acts.

Especially the Golden Clown, which is (if memory serves me correctly) the overall winner of the competition.

It would be like giving an overall gold medal to the best athlete in the Olympics. Putting 100 metre sprint against javelin. Doesn't really make sense, unless you're comparing performance, rather than pure skill.

It is this that the Monte Carlo circus festival does.

The silver clown is the award given to the winner in a certain category. Plus there are many other awards like the people's choice award and best new comer.

I didn't post what I posted to re-start the whole Garfield/Gatto argument though. They are both awsome jugglers in their own right. Totally different in style, but still amazing.

What I was doing was stating that Criss Bliss, regardless of your opinion of that particular routine, is far from being a World champion juggler.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
dg
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of dg
Actually I only posted the above because it show him juggling 8 clubs
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
And an awsome video it is too!
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
itshim
View Profile
Elite user
Milton Keynes
417 Posts

Profile of itshim
I posted not because I love or hate Gatto or Garfield but because I hate people using tags like 'World Champion' when they are meaningless. On a similar basis I could say that I was British Champion 1995, 1999 and 2001 and British Team Champion 2004 because I won games at the BJC in those years. They might look good to outsiders but to jugglers in the know they are a waste of time. Incidentally by Garfields criteria he would never have won any competitions if the worlds best jugglers had turned up at his event. Vova in a few years time has more of a chance but there are several others of a similar standard who would never compete unless there was a true financial incentive.

Nigel

watch circus jugglers, they don't tend to go to conventions, some are brilliant
I knew a man who kept saying "pliers, pincers, scissors". He was speaking in tongs.

www.itshim.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Start rehearsing - here's a world champion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL