The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ogawa's "Ninja Rings"; will this ever be taught? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I saw Shoot perform this in London about a month ago and I was floored. I was wondering if this certain routine has been published anywhere, or is it in "the works"? Thanks.

Dave
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I don't really know. I think Bob Kohler is putting something out about it. I was taugh the ninja rings by a Japanese magician. I didn't know it was ninja rings at the time but i am sure glad.

Hope this Helps
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5257 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Yes, Bob Kohler is putting this out. He occasionally posts here so he may respond with more details.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Shoot Ogawa's "Ninja Rings" is destined to become the close up classic routine for the Linking Rings. Masahiro Yanagida, Shoot's mentor, created the routine seventeen years ago. It was perfected by thousands of performances by Masahiro and Keiko. Keiko is a wonderful female Japanese magician.

I am proud to announce that the routine will soon be released internationally on DVD by Bob Kohler Productions through Murphy's Magic Supplies.

Shoot is a master of the routine and the DVD covers every aspect of the techniques, routining and presentation. Included are a live performance and bonus footage of Masahiro and Keiko.

The Ninja Rings are 4 1/2" inches in diameter and are precision made in Japan. They are absolutely seemless. They are manufactured from a very high quality steel which is a large part of the secret to the visuals. Some of the required techniques will only work with the proper rings. In a word, the visuals will leave you breathless.

The DVD will be released mid-January. At first it will only be available at http://www.bobkohlermagic.com. This is due to a delay in getting the rings from Japan into the U.S. Once the rings arrive they will be available everywhere.

I currently have 200 sets available at my site. Both the DVD and the rings will be on my site after Jan. 1.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
By the way, Shoot gave Kohler's DVD his seal of approval. He recently told me when he came back from Las Vegas that he was thrilled with the quality of the DVDs... and Shoot is a perfectionist so these DVDs must be good.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Craig Matsuoka
View Profile
Loyal user
Kailua, Hawaii
271 Posts

Profile of Craig Matsuoka
Bob,

Yeah baby!

BTW, will you make the rings available in gold as well?

In Japan, they were available in both the standard chrome and deluxe gold versions. Didn't the deluxe kit include a pouch as well?
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Hey Bob, any chance of him releasing his one handed matrix Smile . That wa sthe routine that floored me!
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Shoot and I have multiple DVD's in the works. I'm sure his coin magic including the one handed matrix will be on them.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
OOOOO yay! I'm so happy.. lol For those of you that haven't seen him. Oh my good lord, he is great.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
782 Posts

Profile of DaveM
His one-handed matrix(the one where he does the patter of the injury 8-yrs ago) is taught on his lecture video. He teaches two or three more matrix routines as well if my memory is right.

One of my favorites was his reverse matrix, taught on his notes. I purchased both at the International Magic close-up competition last month. One of the best magic investments EVER. His technique was sooo clean that he would perform the matrix routines over and over in the vendor room prior to his "official" performance.....you should've heard the gasps!!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ogawa's "Ninja Rings"; will this ever be taught? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL