The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Worlds Fastest Handcuff Escape! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Greetings to All,

It has been my honor and privilege, to both assist, and be in attendance, at the official record breaking of the Worlds Fastest Escape from Handcuffs. The Record is documented at this time, through the Record Holder’s Republic. This was filmed live as it happened, in West Palm Beach, in the evening following a public show that I also attended.

What you are about to read is the semi-official announcement, which is pending the receipt and review of documentation and film of the underwater record:

"Our handcuff records have recently been smashed down from 4.9 sec (Matt the Knife) to 2.5 sec on land (accepted Sept. 11 by Cindini) and 4.5 seconds underwater (David Straitjacket) down to 3.1 seconds (performed Sept 11, documentation in mail, Cindini). "

Yes you read that correctly, and there are no typos in the above message.

In addition to the above, Cindini and I also set the World Record for Team Handcuff Escape at 20.78 seconds which included a back to back straightjacket of chain that is also included in that time. Her performing partner Michael at the same time did also set the World Record for Sword Swallowing with 18 consecutive swallows and two twists in 3 minutes.

Please give Cindini your congratulations on a job well done!
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Nice one Cindidi Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It was so fast, if I would have blinked, I would have missed the whole thing. It even took a couple minutes to sink in, that it had actualy happened. I think the other attempt was 4.4, just before the 2.5. (I might be wrong on that since it lost focus right away with the 2.5 time)
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
WOW!!!

Any chance of seeing the vid?

That is so cool.

Nice one Cind!

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
What are the requirement for the picking ?
What cuff ?
What pick ? could it be pre-bent ?
No double lock I imagine ?
How should the cuffs be placed on the wrist (which side up ? keyholes facing which direction ? hands in the back ?)
When does the time start (like 1-2-3-GO or just when the pick touches the cuffs ?)
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Anyway I think I'v got National record in Belgium for hancuffs picking ;p
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I've always been of the mind that the cuffs had to be police cuffs, and that they actually had to be presented by a police officer.

Not sure on the other stuff, but there are enough folks here that have held this title that someone should be able to help you.

I've always thought the police cuff thing was a little open ended. Because the police cuffs used here in the UK are different to those in the US. In fact most countries have their own cuffs.

I think it'd be nice to have a record that was for each type of cuff. Maybe there is already?
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
In belgium there is no police cuffs, they use the cuffs they buy, and most of the time it's really CRAP cuffs.

AS oposed to the rivolier in france, when double locked don't expect to get those off your wrists in under 10 minutes Smile
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I suppose you could debate technical aspects at great length, but to be completely honest I was well out of the running at about 7.5 seconds. I will never be able to turn in a time less than 2.5 no matter what I do. I'm cool with that. It's healthier for me to focus on what I do best and, its not cuff speed.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I once escaped from cuffs in under .0005 of a second.
It was so fast the audience couldn`t see it,the officials couldn`t see it,I couldn`t see it,,,,so nobody believed it!!!!!

I had to admit it was a complete waste of time and my highly skilled talent.

Ken
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Me too Kondini, but they were plasic kids police toy cuffs. :o)

Well Done Cindini!!! That is Very impressive.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
Thank you David! and everyone else!
Please remember that the Possiblities can be endless.

Best of Luck to all of you!
Cindi
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
LOL. I just realised I called you Cindidi Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
No problem David.
It ryhmes with "Yes indeedi"
That's funny Smile

C
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Well done Cindini

2.5 seconds?????? I've got no chance (no pun intended about absent ea's)

Ok, news like this is why I am now in the Gym so much! Lol

Well done again

Stu
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
What's a Gym? That's not like work is it?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I think it is a person's name KingStardog. Jim.
Wolflock
South Africa
Stuart Burrell
View Profile
Veteran user
England
385 Posts

Profile of Stuart Burrell
Lol, man I've missed you guys.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Stu. Might come visit you soon. Coming to the UK soon.
Wolflock
South Africa
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I was thinking about it just this morning and it freaks me out to think I was standing right there, I mean right there, two feet away. Same thing for Michael and the swordswallowing record, I started thinking about that one too, and then watching the performances with the sideshow and fire acts. It just blows me away to think that so much could even happen in one day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Worlds Fastest Handcuff Escape! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL