The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » WEAR 2007 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Excellent. thanks Ms Morgan.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
I'm in!

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
WEAR Particpants,

Our Ring voted unanimously today to host the WEAR 2007 registration page on our Ring's web site. We have made this a top-level page that should scream in the search engines soon. This web page will be the main page for WEAR at I.B.M. Ring 362. You will be able to get to other WEAR 2007 information from this page. Please do two things:

1. If you have expressed an interest in WEAR 2007 in this thread, or through an email to me, I have posted what information I have for you. Corrections and additions are welcome at any time prior to the event. Send an email to drwilson@memoryelixir.com with updated information.

2. Please link to this page from your web sites, if you have a web site. Set up a WEAR page on your site, and let me know to link to that rather than to your home page. Let me also know the text for the link to your web site, for example Dr. Wilson's Memory Elixir is the text for the link to my web site.

Here is the link for the top-level WEAR 2007 page at I.B.M. Ring 362:

http://www.ibmring362.org/WEAR2007.html

It is best if you link to this page using a link of the form Worldwide Escape Artist Relay 2007. The search engines like this better than a link that has CLICK HERE as the text. The perfect phrase for the text of the link is Worldwide Escape Artist Relay 2007, as in my example.

Notice that I am not listing your actual email, just putting up a "mailto:" link. This is because I don't want your email address harvested from this page by a robot.

I look forward to hearing from all of you. As I write this, we have 11 people signed up. Not bad for the first four days!

Our Ring's action will appear in our September Ring Report in TLR; that should be in the December issue of TLR.

Yours,

Paul
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Nice Paul. Please offer the ring our HEARTIEST thanks for the support.

Perry. Can I ask if you can do the link on MFM for us?

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
Great job Paul! I'm impressed!

/Ark
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
This is looking real good, give how young the idea is, I'd say it is great.

A couple of thoughts,

Do we want a logo for this event? I am a lousy artist, but I really liked the logo from last time. I was thinking about putting prision bars in front of the 2005 logo, and the bars forming a roman numeran two(II). Just a thought.

How do we reach escape artists who are not Café members?

How do we manage to keep track of those who change their mind, or have moved on, or for whatever reason said they would participate and then don't? I felt communication was a major issue last time.

I am still wide open to any ideas for publicity beyond local press releases that might add to the regonition of the event.

Just some things to think about.

For those not aware of this, Tom of "Escape masters" had volunteered to issue certificates to the WEARiors who were successful. I don't know what became of that, but it never happened. Probably a missed connection between him and Clyde. I would love to see some form of certificate or acknowlegement of the feat.

Just for you thoughts.

Cliff

P.S. one thing that I will do is make up some flyers based on the good doctor's web page and distribute them at the up comming escape artist convention. Maybe some will see them and join up!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dear Cliff,

I am working on a logo and will post it in the next few days.

I am also really glad to hear that you are going to Mark Cannon's convention. That is exactly the place to spread the word. I think that if we can get good participation from the headliners there, many others will follow.

Also, since this is now an event tied loosely to an I.B.M. Ring, we can promote it through the I.B.M. We have a year to get some kind of a call for participants in TLR. I also think that if we get enough of the big names in on this early, it might get covered in some of the other magic magazines.

I would like to acknowledge participation in some way after the event is over. Certificates would be nice, but if we had 500 participants (not impossible), that would involve serious money for postage. Let's see how the event builds as it gets closer. The web is (almost) free, so I would like to get photos and stories from WEAR 2005 posted on the site as a way of acknowledging participation.

Onward and upward!

Yours,

Paul
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hey Dr. Wilson,

WOW!!! This is coming together FAST!!!

I for one will try to hype this as much as I possibly can.

I urge all of those registered to promote their performance as much as they possibly can also. Lets team together and make this a HUGE event!

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I will go create a Post on MFM and when Perry has the time. I am sure that we can do another Story on Wear II onm our site in the Escapology section. It is about time we updated it. I will also place it into the next Newsletter where I will havean interview with two of our EA's. So that could be a nice little extra hype. I will promote it as much as I can.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Nice work Paul!

Please forward our thanks to your I.B.M ring, it is greatly appreciated.

I will post my WEAR page on my website tonight and send you the new link.

I am going to actively start seeking a venue this week and hopefully I can nail one down before too long.

Best,

Tony
Tony Chapparo
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Thanks to all for the kind words! Here are two new developments.

First, I have finished a logo, others are welcome to submit logos or suggest changes to this one. Please see the logo on the main web page for the Worldwide Escape Artist Relay.

Second, WEAR 2007 has its own MySpace page. If you are on MySpace, please considering adding WEAR 2007 as a friend. Please see:

http://www.myspace.com/wear2007

Yours,

Paul
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Hey Paul,

The WEAR myspace page looks great!!!!

Thanks for all the effort that you've placed into this project already, all of us involved truly appreciate it.

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Ooooo. Nice design. I am sure I could get a few sponsor's with that picture design. Looks very similar to Our anti apartheid rally pictures. Will do GOOD here in South Africa.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
MySpace is fun, I will be posting blog entries and photos there over the next few weeks.

I will put a higher resolution version of the logo on the web site today, in case people want to put it on their promotional materials, T shirts, coffee mugs, whatever. Onward and upward!

Yours,

Paul
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Mine is up.

http://www.myspace.com/wolflock_the_mysterious

Gonna add WEAR II to friends.

regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
My WEAR-page is up. At the moment it is all in Swedish, but my entire site will soon be translated so that there is an english version aswell.

http://www.arkadia.se/wear

/Ark
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Wicked looking Arkadia. Looks Great. MFM's will be up soon again.
Wolflock
South Africa
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Just emailed Ripleys as well to see if they will be interested in covering or helping in some way or another. Will keep you guys updated.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Ripley's?
I cant believe it!
Seriously, nice work on all of your parts. The year in advance for planning is going to really pay off on the publicity and participation! Viva La WEAR!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Still waiting for Ripleys to get back to me. But will try to hound them a bit without getting on their nerves. Will keep you all updated.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » WEAR 2007 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL