The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Almost Impromptu Car Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Jaxon,

Your products have always been excellent and a true professional in every sense of the word. I'm eager to get this vanish but I'm still not sure I understand. I might be missing it but, why is this more than just having a friend/stooge use the same method and saying, "want to see a trick? Look out the window. Where's your car?"
Thanks, Brent
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Quote:
On 2006-09-16 18:06, MagicBrent wrote:
Jaxon,

Your products have always been excellent and a true professional in every sense of the word. I'm eager to get this vanish but I'm still not sure I understand. I might be missing it but, why is this more than just having a friend/stooge use the same method and saying, "want to see a trick? Look out the window. Where's your car?"
Thanks, Brent

It could be that way, but it wont have any visual element of the actual vanish.
In Ron's version you can see the vanish taking place.
Another thing is that even if it was the way you just said, still the creator should be the one that benefits from this effect, because the effect someone pais is not the method (since this supposed to be invisible) but the presentation as well. I ve seen so many guys here (I don't mean anything bad about you) that they read a performance or even see a video performance and if they understand how its done they feel okay to perform the effect without purchasing, I really don't understand this. What someone sells (and this don't go just to this particular effect) is the inspiration of a performance, a way or many ways to archive it and hundrend of hours and effort to create it.
I hope that helps,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thanks for the input Titanas. Yeah, I don't consider myself one of the guys you're describing and I regularly want to support the creativity and innovation of magic creators. I thought my question was a little obvious and yet the ad read it like that too. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything....
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Quote:
On 2006-09-16 18:06, MagicBrent wrote:
Jaxon,

Thanks, Brent

Firstly. Thank you for the kind words Brent.

It's kind of hard to describe how it's not just a prank without spilling the beans. I'll put it this way though. They do see the car visually vanish. It's an unusual way to make it visually vanish but they do see it disappear.

It generally get's two reactions. The first reaction is when it visually vanishes. The second reaction is when what they saw is confirms. It's kind of like the vanishing bottle (Norm Nielsen). You know how you put the bottle in the paper bag then turn the bag upside down and say, "It's gone"? That would be similar to the visual vanish of the car (Except the vanish of the car is more visual. One moment they see it and the next it's gone). Then when the bag is balled up and tossed away. That's a conformation that the bottle really is gone. This is similar to the confirmation that the car is really gone.

Or a vanish of a coin. If you place the coin in your left hand then make it vanish. That's a visual vanish. Now if you where to (correctly) sleeve, lap or topit the coin then show both hands empty. That would be a conformation that the coin is really gone. The vanishing car is like this in the way that they see it vanish then they confirm that it is truly gone (not hidden in the other hand).

I don't know if this will clarify or make it more confusing. But I must stress that they do SEE it vanish.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
One more thing I hope to clear up and I do understand these assumptions. This trick and concept is pretty unusual.

I tried my best to stress that this will most often be performed for someone you know such as a friend. But let me tell you how it would work if you did it for a stranger. I mean it is possible to be booked to perform a party and perform this trick there. Let me tell you the basics of how that could work.

Let's say Mary calls you up and wants you to perform for her husband Mikes party (Birthday, Retirement, etc...). You can ask her if you think he'd be amazed if you could make his car vanish. Then you can ask her if she can assist you in pulling it off and not tell him that she was involved. You would teach her her part. She wouldn't even have to know the entire method. You just tell her what she'd need to do.

Here's another example of a great time to perform it. Let's say you're booked for some teenagers birthday or graduation party and they tell you they bought him a new car. You can offer to magically make his old car vanish then he goes out and finds his new car parked in the driveway with a ribbon on top. Or you can make the new car appear or turn his old car into the new one.

So it does have uses other then just pulling it off on a friend. But because it's someone's car you'll want to know the person or have someone you know working with you. I mean a pick pocket could take someone's keys and do it but I don't think that would be good (and possibly illegal). Smile

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Ron, I pm'ed you yesterday.
Did you received my message?
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Yes. I got them and they are great ideas. I'll reply to your PM shortly because it sparked an idea from there and I want to test it out first.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I did this for the first time last night to a motorcycle instead of a car. It was great because I was able to make it travel into the bar (wheeled it into a hallway at the back of the bar). It was a friend of mine of course but he loved it. He always asked me to perform for his friends who've never seen me before when I bump into him at the bar where I play pool. I might be in trouble though because I'll bet the next time he asked me to show someone some magic he'll ask me to do this to there car or something. Smile

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
For those who have this trick. I was finally able to perform the bonus trick at the end of the E-book. I was out with some friends and one of my buddy's was getting worried because his girlfriend hadn't shown up yet. I was able to perform the bonus trick in this E-book to make his girlfriend appear. It went over great and I can now say that I know for a fact how well it can work.

Ron Jaxon

Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
I've posted my review at http://www.MagicReviews.blogspot.com

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks for the great review Caleb.....definitely answered some things for me.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I too want to thank you for posting that review. I found it very well written and honest.

I've received some funny stories from people who have done it to people. They range from a reaction of "just a cute trick" to genuinely baffled.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Ron Jaxon's Almost Impromptu Car Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL