The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic stores in Florida? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Feel free to move this topic somewhere else, I didn't know where to post it..

I am looking for a good magic store in Fort Lauderdale - Miami area. I need some supplies, and in 2 weeks, the ship I am on is having a wet dock (not sailing for a week) and I will have the week to do whatever I want. We are going to Disney World, and I would love to stop a decent store and stock up on a few things. I know Daytona Magic is about 4 hours from here. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a closer store. Many Thanks.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Last time I was in Miami, I found some girls that did tricks...don't know about magic shops.
Steve V
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
Call Mr. A's Magic in Palm beach. He has a store there, and he also knows the name of a store near Ft. Lauderdale (I can't think of the name of it).
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In Miami, you have Miami Magic - a small, but quite nice place run by the NICEST guy you will ever meet.

In Lauderdale, my suggestion is Wizard's Apprentice in Hollywood, Florida. A GREAT magic shop - books, tricks, lectures, a real throwback to the good old days of magic shops. Plus, right in your neighborhood. This would be my suggestion. Tell Jack I said hi.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
felixjr
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of felixjr
Don't forget Daytona Magic in Daytona Beach, my home town!

Felixjr
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Felixjr,

Ummm...re-read the first post. He didn't forget.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Daytona Magic: worst customer care I have ever experienced as a shopper.
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Wizard's Apprentice Magicshop in Hollywood, Florida. They have a web site and also a super nice staff.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Deputy,

I wish I had thought of that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Yeah, I live like 2 hours away from there, and still go there. Jack and the rest of the staff are incredible.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OK, so sarcasm does NOT translate to the computer. I DID say that, deputy. LOL
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I can't believe you all forgot Wizard's Apprentice Magicshop in Hollywood, Florida.
Steve V
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yeah, my bad, Steve...sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I've never been to Miami, but I hear there's a place called Wizard's Apprentice in Hollywood, Florida...
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We should have mentioned that earlier. Darn, I am forgetful.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I think there might be a Wizard's Apprentice Magicshop in Hollywood, Florida, and when you go to Disney World, you could stop in and check out the Orlando Magic Shop.

...or is the season over?

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Quote:
On 2006-09-15 09:03, JamesinLA wrote:
Daytona Magic: worst customer care I have ever experienced as a shopper.

I 100% agree with you...but in this case, I am desperate for a store.. It's all about volume sales for them.. Wanna hear my latest complaint?

IBM MIAMI 2006... I bought 500 feet of magicians rope from them for a class I was teaching in August. I get home, start cutting it up to include it in the magic kits...50 feet short. In my mind, no magician would measure the 500 feet bundle, but in my case, it was special. I call Harry Allen..."Nothing I can do Eric Leclerc, It's the manufacturer's fault, not ours. Call back on Monday, and I'll see what I can do for you." I call back and get the runaround for 15 minutes. Never talked to him again. They act just like they do at conventions...

ANYWAYS...

So, Wizard's Apprentice Magicshop would be worth a look? Can I get some stage stuff there? Is it really small? I need variety. The cruise ship I am on has no stage, and I am completely surrounded - magician's worst nightmare. I need a lot of options. You guys make it sound good, though.
Paolo Venturini
View Profile
Veteran user
Lucca (I.) - New York City
385 Posts

Profile of Paolo Venturini
Quote:
On 2006-09-14 12:53, Dannydoyle wrote:
In Miami, you have Miami Magic - a small, but quite nice place run by the NICEST guy you will ever meet.

In Lauderdale, my suggestion is Wizard's Apprentice in Hollywood, Florida. A GREAT magic shop - books, tricks, lectures, a real throwback to the good old days of magic shops. Plus, right in your neighborhood. This would be my suggestion. Tell Jack I said hi.

Sorry, Danny, I couldn't understand if you were doing sarcasm about Miami Magic. Nicest guy, who??

Try to ask members of Magic City Conjurers or I.B.M. Ring 45 about him!! They could tell you several bad stories about his behaviors in the magic world.

I second for Mr. A's. HE IS a real nice guy...his partnership, too.
In Lauderdale, there is Annie's Magic Costumes.
In Miami, there is La Casa de los Trucos (Little Havana), but it's difficult to find somebody who speaks English.

Paolo Venturini
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I visited Paul Diamond's shop in Ft. Lauderdale years ago. Is it still there?
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
I am not sure Paul Diamond's is still there, but here is the last known contact info -

Paul Diamond's Magic Company
P.O. Box 11570
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33339
Tel: (305) 772-8067

Here is a list of other shops in the area with Phone numbers you might check out -

Florida Magic Co
(954) 473-1902
PO Box 290781
Davie, FL Map

Wizard's Apprentice Magic
(954) 920-1475
2051 Hollywood Blvd # B
Hollywood, FL Map

Magic Hut
(305) 933-6707
19501 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL Map

Magic Hut
(305) 577-3069
401 Biscayne Blvd # P103
Miami, FL Map

La Casa De Los Trucos
(305) 858-5029
1343 SW 8th St
Miami, FL Map

Miami Magic & Joke Shop
(305) 223-0927
9722 SW 40th St
Miami, FL Map

Mr A's Magic & Costume Shop
(561) 641-7111 Write a Review 1200 S Congress Ave # 35
West Palm Beach, FL Map

Enjoy your stay in FL,

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Magic stores in Florida? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL