The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Lance Burton Birdcage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dxsare
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of dxsare
At the end of Lance Burton's Encounter (which for some reason slipped by me) while saying goodnite, he has a little bird cage with a fake bird. He covers it with a sheer hankercheif and it vanishes as he rubs his hands. Is this a commercial product?? I don't believe it is the disappearing birdcage that I know of. Thanks.

Stevie D
-Stevie D
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I haven't seen this, but it sounds a lot like Billy McComb's Slow Motion Vanishing Bird Cage. Either that, or it may be a Martin Cage. Either way, they are very expensive.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
It is McComb's. Billy taught it to Lance. A video of McComb doing the slow motion vanish without a cover is here:

http://www.scoundrelsphotos.com/albums/F......Cage.wmv

His complete routine, with the sheer silk scarf, is here:

http://www.scoundrelsphotos.com/albums/F......lace.wmv
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I remember taking my daughter to see Lance's show when she was five years old. She's eight now and very into magic. She was invited on stage for the bird cage vanish. As she was walking back to her seat, she screamed "THAT BIRD WAS FAKE!" The entire audience (and Lance) started laughing. It was very funny.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2006-09-15 09:50, Whit Haydn wrote:
It is McComb's. Billy taught it to Lance. A video of McComb doing the slow motion vanish without a cover is here...

Whit, thank you very much for sharing the clips of Billy McComb. I've read about him for over 30 years but had never seen him perform before. What a treat. What an entertainer.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Already being discussed here
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Lance Burton Birdcage » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL