The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Holder for 4 1/2 inch jumbo coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

philmitchell
View Profile
New user
UK
27 Posts

Profile of philmitchell
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a belt holder, or any other type of hold out device for this type of 4 1/2 inch jumbo coin?

Thanks, PM

Click here to view attached image.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
You can make one from a black snow sock. Or for a permanent and well made holdout, contact Lynetta Welch.

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I have seen one out there on the market that uses a black piece of rectangular plastic and cris-crossing elastic. They work very well for the larger jumbo coins. (It might have been relesed by Alexander De Cova.) I believe that Justin Miller uses oneslike this on his DVD series "strolling Hands." I can not for the life of me remember who put these out.

Anyone out there know?

Thanks,

C
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I THINK the ones Justin was selling at his lectures was made by Schoolcraft.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
Just finished watching "Strolling Hands" volume 1, and Justin mentions that he had his made by schoolcraft. I can't find the item on the coingaff website, so I am assuming that they are a custom job. I want one myself, so I'll be sending an email his way to get a quote.
bigmike
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of bigmike
I just skip a loop when putting my belt on and tuck the coin under my belt. I stays there all night and is ready when I need it.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
What about finding a decent holder for a 3inch?

4.5 is good to know as well..but I am sick of my 3inch falling out of my belt.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
davidj40
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of davidj40
Danny Tong has a device which works well with a 3" coin. It is basically a snap kind of coin purse which is used upside down. He has sewn some cloth to the side opposite the clip and with a safety pin it can be attached to pants, coat, etc. What is nice about Danny's is that is has the right amount of tension - holds enough so you don't have to worry about it but is loose enough to access without having to tug.
John Gerard
View Profile
Loyal user
Guam
284 Posts

Profile of John Gerard
I have Danny Tong's DVD set and I liked his holdout device. If you accidentally flash the inside of your coat, the fact that the holdout covers part of the coin is a plus. Also if you are lucky, you can match the snap purse approximately to the color of your coat lining. There is a size limitation and 3" is about as big a coin as it can take.
MintonMagic
View Profile
Regular user
South Lyon, Michigan
131 Posts

Profile of MintonMagic
I use some loosend BullDog Paper clips. I bend them open and get the tension down a little and I glue some felt on the inside, once clipped, the coin won't fall and when you pull it out it is quiet. Try it...

Works for me....
In Magic,

Roger M.

www.mintonmagic.com
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Consider this "Universal Utility Clip". Real leather.

GO HERE:

http://bigduck.tripod.com/id10.html
Chuck Finley
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of Chuck Finley
I use the Zerone Pouch XL for my jumbo coin holdout. It should be perfect for what you want and if you look it up on the big auction site by that name you can get them for under $5 with free shipping. For that price you can get two or three back ups and not break a sweat. I use one on the front for productions of the coin and one in the back for my cell phone while I do may walk around.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I use the jumbo coin in close up when my audience is basically in front or me or slightly to my sides but not behind me. I will take the jumbo coin out of my pocket, palmed, while getting something else. I put it halfway down in the right back of my pants/belt. It stays there well. You can do anything with coins and when you do a vanish, etc,... you distract with your left hand, for example, and slowly and subtly reach behind and get the jumbo coin palmed in the right.

So far it has worked every time. they have no clue and the bonus is that I can do it without sleeves. I would probably use a holder with a jacket.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Holder for 4 1/2 inch jumbo coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL