The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad mood club (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..42~43~44 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
An update:

We get to Hamburg, have a nice, big Italian lunch, and go to a soccer game. Hamburg, the home team, wins the game but actually loses (it's complicated, but I'm not going to explain it). We get back to the hotel, and my sweet wife says (can you believe this?!), why don't you go get your chicken as a snack...so I do and we sit in the hotel room and my wife and son eat their healthy crap and I munch on a chicken thigh...hot and spicy!...and a chicken breast and a couple of chips and a candy bar for dessert.

And I was in a good mood, and I loved my wife and son and everything was better in the world.

The next day, I felt...pressure...abdominal pressure...and...well....

We got home tonight. And I'm feeling a little bit better, but only after 24 hours of diarrhea.

I think it was the chicken.

I swear to the gods of all major world religions that this story is true.

Jeff
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
No good deed goes unpunished...

and

no job is complete until the paper work is done...
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
You know, it is possible that your family may have poisoned you to prove a point.

I'm just saying, it seems suspicious to me.

Or conversely, it may be that your body just wasn't prepared for real food after being deprived.

The best way to find out is to sneak out right now and get a bucket of wings, and some sort of Hostess product. I'd suggest Ho Hos. Then, if you get sick again, it wasn't poison.

Good Luck.

Dan
Day 14
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1393 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I hate this club Smile
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
My wife hates it when I sit in front of the computer and laugh. Grrrrrr!
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
My cat is attacking my Devil's Picturebook DVD case. Grrr!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Josh-

In your avatar are you eating the little black rectangle they use to hide the identity of criminals and movie stars? Won't they need that??
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I don't want to harp on the subject, but food has become the biggest problem in our household.

I love my wife. Everything is good. We understand each other, we support each other, and sex is also good with each other. She is a vegetarian. That's OK. BUT: she's also some kind of health nut when it comes to food. For her, food is fuel, not pleasure.

Last night, starving for good stuff and desperate for something different, I discovered a can of chili in my sock drawer. I immediately came up with a range of possibilities, but decided upon CHILI BURGERS! So I went to the supermarket and bought two microwave burgers and cooked them up with the chili and thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

But my wife p*ssed me off. She said something like, "You're getting worse lately."

D*mn right I'm getting worse lately. I'm getting hungrier and hungrier for substantive, manly food, and I live with a green ecological organic vegetarian family who thinks that wanting a chili burger is some kind of mental disorder.

I'd rather die at the age of 60 than give up the food I enjoy. What's the point of living to 100 if you only get to eat grass?

I'm in a bad mood.

Jeff
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
Okay, seriously, that's a total relationship deal breaker for me, right there.

As far as I'm concerned, a man having access to a chili burger is an inalienable human right.

I'm pretty sure they would have put that in the constitution, but the framers ran out of room. Or they got too drowsy from having a heavy lunch. Anyway, it was an oversight on their part.

And they'll take my greasy burgers away when they can pry them from my cold, dead, pudgy fingers.

Dan
Day 21
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
My wife's like that with me and my heroine.

Women.....
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Wow.
ooo
WOW!

what bad moods we are in!
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3349 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Doncha' hate when you think you're 'OH! so clever' -have a great, on topic addition to an interesting and thought provoking thread in a forum you're well versed in...

And everyone ignores it! Arrgh!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Troll
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3349 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Ho ho! Beats being ignored!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Jeff,

Your story reminds me when I used to live at my parents house. I was a smoker. Every time I walked by my dad, he'd say "You smell like smoke". Nothing would make me want a cigarette more. I'd still be smoking if I lived with him.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
Ugh...

I don't feel like I need to explain and defend.
I don't like starting a word war...

like this...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#23

ugh.
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2840 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-03-21 07:25, stoneunhinged wrote:
I don't want to harp on the subject, but food has become the biggest problem in our household.

I love my wife. Everything is good. We understand each other, we support each other, and sex is also good with each other. She is a vegetarian. That's OK. BUT: she's also some kind of health nut when it comes to food. For her, food is fuel, not pleasure.

Last night, starving for good stuff and desperate for something different, I discovered a can of chili in my sock drawer. I immediately came up with a range of possibilities, but decided upon CHILI BURGERS! So I went to the supermarket and bought two microwave burgers and cooked them up with the chili and thoroughly enjoyed my meal.

But my wife p*ssed me off. She said something like, "You're getting worse lately."

D*mn right I'm getting worse lately. I'm getting hungrier and hungrier for substantive, manly food, and I live with a green ecological organic vegetarian family who thinks that wanting a chili burger is some kind of mental disorder.

I'd rather die at the age of 60 than give up the food I enjoy. What's the point of living to 100 if you only get to eat grass?

I'm in a bad mood.

Jeff

Start singing "Cheeseburger In Paradise" at odd hours of the day.

Quote:
On 2008-03-21 11:34, Rimbaud wrote:
Okay, seriously, that's a total relationship deal breaker for me, right there.

As far as I'm concerned, a man having access to a chili burger is an inalienable human right.

I'm pretty sure they would have put that in the constitution, but the framers ran out of room. Or they got too drowsy from having a heavy lunch. Anyway, it was an oversight on their part.

And they'll take my greasy burgers away when they can pry them from my cold, dead, pudgy fingers.

Dan
Day 21

I tbink that was probably intended in the "pursuit of happiness" clause.
"All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast!" - Oscar Wilde
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

My baby pulled over my video camera tripod. Baby is fine. My camcorder is toast. DANG IT!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Josh...

Don't you hate when that happens?

Don't throw that camcorder away. I suspect there are still uses for it even if it won't take videos anymore.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

I can't throw it away until I get my practice tape out (possible exposure). I just watched an ebay sale on the same model. It went for $165, probably what it'd cost to repair. The crummy thing is that it's digital-8 format. If I were to buy a new one I'd go for a more computer friendly media. If I do that now, I'd have to borrow someone else's camera, and have over 15 hours of conversions, in order to watch my older videos. Besides magic practice, I have a 5 yearo ld and an 11 month old, I was using it daily. GRRRRRRR!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad mood club (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..35~36~37~38~39..42~43~44 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL