The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Full veiw mailbag? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
Ive heard people speak of doing a mailbag escape in full view but I don't quite understand hjow you could not rerveal the method. if someone knows could you please post or email me at zawert@gmail.com if you don't want to expose. Im asking because I find the curtain somewhat frustrating.
-Keir
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Done
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
TwistedMindMajik
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN.
14 Posts

Profile of TwistedMindMajik
We are planning a mailbag escpae for our Halloween show this year in Murfreesboro, TN. I would like to know how it can be managed in full view...
...did you see that?
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
I answered this question in an earlier posting. For years we got rid of the curtain and put another mailbag over the locked bag. This way you can roll about all over the stage, which makes it look like a real struggle. When you escape from the locked bag, just stand up and throw the outer bag over your head and across the stage! Very dramatic. We always would resecure the bar on top of the escape bag, to add to the mystery. Hope this helps.

Mick
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Greetings all! Its been a long time but I see the Café is doing well and that so many familiar faces are still here.

The age-old means of escaping from a mailbag can be well hidden as Mick states. New approaches are also available that allow you to escape the bag from inside, in full view, without giving away any secrets. PM me for more details if you want them.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hey Clyde!

Nice to have you back amoung us.

I hope all is well and we get to see more from you as time goes on.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Clyde - I can't tell you how good it is to see you posting on here again. Hope you're ok.

Sorry this is totally off topic, but had to say it.

Robin
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2475 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Welcome Back Clyde! Great to see your avatar again!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Pastor Clyde! Welcome back! We have all missed you greatly.

Yours,

Paul
Apache
View Profile
New user
Finland
77 Posts

Profile of Apache
Really good to hear from you Clyde. Best wishes from Finland!

-Jari-
Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Steve Baker - Mr.Escape
Clyde,

Good to have you back, hope all is well with you!

All the best,

Steve
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
What a great surprise! Clyde is back with us. We sure missed you. Looking forward to lots of words of wisdom again.

Best wishes

Mick
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Wow! You sure make a guy feel welcome! thanks! Smile I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
What I want to know, and sorry this has noting to do with mailbags, is what Clyde's been on whilst he's been away.

Have you seen the size of his arms?!?!?!
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
For the mailbag I do it in full view, I use a combination padlock on the outside of the bag and I crack it open in full view (with just my hand coming out of the bag)
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2475 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Xargos, I also do the hand comming out business, a bit different from you, but it always gets a good reaction from the crowd. There is always a "hey, he got his hand out!" to be heard from someone.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Sir Pat-Trick
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Sir Pat-Trick
I have to say I do the mailbag myself and I use a curtain. I am interested when I read this to see what your all thought on this. Still not sure on how this can be done on stage with out giving up the secret. Please private message me I am very interested.
Trick is in the Name!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Full veiw mailbag? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL