The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 2 web sites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hello Folks

An event company came to me asked me who did my web site and I said I did it my self- they asked me to do their own.

Now I'll give you their current site which is http://www.infinityevents.com.au

and this is the new one (on my server I havn't uploaded it to their site as yet)
http://www.icentertainment.com/infinity3/index.htm
granted it hasn't been fixed up for the search engines complete- so I am only looking at the layout and feel of the site---Yes I know they havn't provided me with any new images so I have had to work with the thumbnails they gave me

The orginal uses frames and for PC users they didn't even give their page a title
it is the same words (slightly updated)

I think I might be changing the colors of the links and the flash headers on the "other" pages- you'll know what I mean when you see it

The link names were given to me by the client- so I can't change them

thoughts anyone???
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
You've done a good job on the revision - it looks much cleaner, sharper and generally more 'professional' than their old one. It;s much better with the lighter colours you've done - the old one was way too dark!

Best regards
Mike
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Thanks
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
The site that you have done for them is less bad than their previous wwwebsite but yr personal site looks like a ransom note.
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
FYI: When I view the "Let's Talk" screen, the word: Woolloomoolo has the last letter partially cut off, as it runs into the graphic. I am viewing it using IE v6.xxx latest update.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Thank you Chris- It comes out normal on mine- I'll see what I can do

Thank you very much

Dave
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
No problem....I do what I can... Smile
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-09-16 19:35, zak plumb wrote:
The site that you have done for them is less bad than their previous wwwebsite but yr personal site looks like a ransom note.

Sorry- That's the different between someone who back packs and some one who works full time in the corporate market

I checked out Backpackers.com- but I couldn't see your info- perhaps I'll look at the cheap & Nasty Section or the Jokes section- I'll let you know what I think of your site even tho it has nothing to do with my initial question

I am really happy to take advice- just not from you
busterjuggler
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia travelling worldwide now
352 Posts

Profile of busterjuggler
Hey I really like the new site you made!

I can say the only thing that stands out to me is the hard reading of the buttons.

I can't really read the red text well on the black, maybe try using the bending options in photoshop to make them stand out a bit?

Only constructive critism I can think of.

Hope it helps.

James
James BuSTAR
Australia's Comedy Juggling Superstar
info@jamesbustar.com
http://www.jugglingsuperstar.com
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Thank you buster
yes I am not happy with the links I must say

dark on dark just isn't any good.

I think I'll change the links colors and then change the background of the sight to white instead of the grey to go with the home page

cheers
Tom Stevens
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
361 Posts

Profile of Tom Stevens
Good stuff David!

Good ol tables do the job. Front Page is a nice program.

I'll just say that it's good, but their web site looked just as functional.

Don't you think they wanted a Flash site like yours?
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Tables are viewable in any browser.

They want to improve their search engine rankings- their original site still uses frames and Javascript links which makes it less effective in search engines.

They didn't want full flash sites- and realisticly the full flash sites do not show up in search engines (or rather their is no text fopr the search engines to pick up)

They mearly wanted a fresher look to their site and change some text here and there.- they really didn't even give me additional images to work with and the ones they provided were from their old site- I have performed and photographed at their events so have added some of my own but not many.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » 2 web sites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL