The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
I was one of the select few for a long time, but now its available to the masses:
4 Coins and a Filipino on DVD taught by Homer Liwag. This is what real magic would actually look like.

Check out the trailer on: http://www.homerliwag.com

Finally the ultimate proof that Homer Liwag is not just a character created by Kenner.
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
So any idea when this will be released?

sickmagic
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
OMG! I too am excited to see this on DVD! I had no idea that that routine could look so AMAZING!

C
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
I would have never considered doing any coin magic if it wasnt for Homer. There's a reason Homer works for Copperfield full time and this DVD backs it up. The DVD is being released very soon.

Doug
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
The teaser looks amazing. I'll be watching for the release.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
The site doesn't seem to be working. I can't enter site or view trailer.
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
WOW, very interesting, can't wait
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
So the legend is true! Smile I await with baited breath on this DVD's release.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
I've been doing a variation of 4 Coins And A Filipino since I first saw it in MME and that was about 15 or so years ago. It is my workhorse and all time favorite.

I've not been this pleased and excited about a new DVD since I can't remember.
This is great news!
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Wow looks great, I'm thinking it must use gaffs? The production from M/K subtelty (If it's what I think it is!) was nice.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
This'll be hard to resist. Larry, it looks like the site uses Flash, so you may have to download the plug-in...
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I'm with Doug and Charlie (BTW Charlie, sorry I haven't been in touch the new business is time consuming). I am SO excited about this release (and saddened you could always tell someone who was in the know by how much Homer material they did). I'll never forget the first time I saw Homer do this for me. In much the same way as Doug, Homer's magic got me interested in coins. When he works its so effortless...I'll stop gushing and go watch the trailer again.
Jason
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
There is going to be and ad for the dvd in the October issue of Genii according to Richard Kaufman. I too have had MME for a long time and also looking forward to the dvd.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
So that's what it's supposed to look like!!!
I've had this routine for years but have never seen it performed. I hope Homer is prepared for an avalanche of orders.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Great ..it is about time he did a video.
The routine is ungaffed I am told.

Mobius
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Quote:
On 2006-09-17 15:59, Mobius303 wrote:

The routine is ungaffed I am told.

Mobius

Wow
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
No its not.

Sean
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Since when was there any question about Homer's being a real person? You'd think that leaked video would have settled the matter.

And now that there is a homerliwag.com and also a chriskenner.com perhaps we can also look forward to seeing some releases of their works. From the OLD video we can see some of Homer's style. Very impressive.

Who knows, perhaps Copperfield has given the guys a chance to offer their magic? Maybe we will also get to see that torn and restored card.

I wish them both the best in their ventures.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I've seen the DVD since it's beginning. If you do any coin magic at all this is a must have DVD.
Homer is not only a fabulous magician but he's also a cutting edge video designer. The format of "CoinOne" (that's the real name of this DVD) is like nothing you've ever seen.

Homer spent about 200 hours working on this DVD. I've had a ton of conversations with him and he's planning on putting more out if this one does well. Hence the name CoinOne.

I think this is a great opportunity for those who buy a DVD, get it, copy it then sell it the next day to think about what they're doing. Making copies for friends, renting, lending it to a bunch of friends etc. all decrease the bottom line for someone who's putting a lot of time and money into tipping to you one of the best coin tricks for the small price of $30.00.

Personally, my company has already shifted gears. This year I'm producing as many non-magic DVD's as titles for magic. All of the stealing has made my decision easy. If I have a choice between a magic project and a non-magic project I'm going non-magic.

So buy Homer's DVD. He deserves your hard earned dollars. As a bonus Chris Kenner is teaching his routine from Out Of Control titled "The Deep". His handling of the Tenkai Penny move looks like trick photography. Actually, the entire DVD looks like trick photography but I assure you it's not.

A lot of guys learned this routine from print but once you see how Homer handles it you'll finally understand just how magical a routine that's been honed by years of refinement can look.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
Still no word on a release date?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL