The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
SoundWave
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SoundWave
Christopher, I'm with you. I can't view the video from Homer's website.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Did you clickon the (?) in the lower left corner? See it there? Click on it. It brings up a help screen. Check it out.

Enjoi

C
Al Lee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Al Lee
Christopher and SoundWave,

What browser and browser version are you using to view the site? have you updated your quicktime player? Explain your problems in detail... have you clicked the question mark on the trailer page to view the HELP page and followed any of those steps?

Maybe I can help. let me know!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
All sorted now, it seemed when I upgraded my PC I didn't re-install quicktime. All looked good. Curious as to what coins he is using? Are they soft Dollars?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
So, these are not gimmicked coins? Are you sure? Perhaps Bob Kohler can help...
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
It is a gimmicked routine.
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
363 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
All I can say is what you see is what you get. While there may be lighting filters on the footage, that is exactly what the magic looks like when you see Homer do it in person. All of Homer's stuff looks this good. It makes you reconsider everything you do.

Doug
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2006-09-19 18:01, Christopher Williams wrote:
All looked good. Curious as to what coins he is using? Are they soft Dollars?

Soft Morgan Dollars.

Quote:
On 2006-09-19 18:36, Scott Compton wrote:
So, these are not gimmicked coins?

The coins aren't gimmicked, but one gimmick is used with the coins Smile

"Four Coins and a Filipino" was published in Magic Man Examiner.
"The Deep" was published in Totally Out of Control.

Even though I have both of those routines in print, I will definately get this DVD. It looks really well designed.

Both routines use the same set of coins and similar moves.

Homer's French Drop variation on that demo clip is also outstanding. It's nice looking magic.

Lastly, the problem with Internet Explorer 7 RC1 I wrote about above was fixed thanks for the heads up Al Lee...
Click to visit:
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
About how many days or weeks will this be just a tease to us? How long until are ready for purchase?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Also, I know what the gimmick is, but is there anywhere I can get Soft Morgan Dollars with this gimmick? Perhaps Jamie or Todd?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Johnson, Lassen, and Schoolcraft will all let you send them a coin to make a shell out of. I'm not sure what the cost is, but you should try emailing them.
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Go to http://www.schoolcraftprecisionmagic.com or http://www.coingaffs.com for the best coins made today. They have "soft" coins. They are so nice, you don't want to drop them on a hard surface!
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2006-09-19 20:20, Dan Watkins wrote:

Both routines use the same set of coins and similar moves.

Actually, The Deep only uses four regular coins.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Actually there is a second gaff involved...extreme skill. The good news is the instructions on Homer's DVD are exceptionally clear. While the routine does take practice Homer's methods make this routine well within reach of anybody willing to invest some practice time.

On the DVD Homer performs the routine with dollars. I think this is really the way to go because the size helps with the stunning visuals. But the routine can be done with halves, in fact I've seen Chris Korn and Andrew Goldenhersh do it with halves and it looked great in their hands. The halves may be a little easier in the beginning.

I've started to work on the routine and I can tell you the DVD instructions are way better that the printed ones. Both Homer's and Chris' routines are highly visual and you relly need to see the work to get the timing and sleights correct.

If you like coin magic or even if you don't you should buy this DVD. What elevates magic from the ordinary to the extraordinary is always one thing, the details. This DVD contains those details. I can't remember when I added a new coin trick to my repertoire but I'm adding this one.

I know everybody's drooling with anticipation. The DVD is at the replicators so when it is ready is in their hands. It won't be long...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
71 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
That's great news Bob! I predict that the demand for this DVD will be overwhelming and that Homer will soon be offering the brotherhood more of his legendary underground routines!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Does anyone know why Homer is releasing this publicly(Does he figure everyone and their brother already have learnt it?)

Just wondering, I've always liked this routine and the variations/improvements and suprised to see its release.
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
I can't speak for Homer, but I've only seen two others, Chris Korn and Andrew Goldenhersh perform the routine. I'm not sure how many folks are already using it. As far as improvements and variations are concerned I'm going to do it exactly as Homer teaches it on the DVD. It certainly has the jaw-dropping WOW factor.

I've been going through the test DVD for Homer today and it's actually much easier to do than I thought. I do a lot of coin work but nothing like this routine. I really was expecting it to be tougher. The DVD makes it a million times easier to learn than from the written text.

What's really great is obviously I use U3F when I have an audience in the proper setting. Homer's routine is perfect when the situation is more intimate and the audience is "all over you".
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
davidj40
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of davidj40
Bob, thanks a lot for the information on the routine. I am excited to get it when it is released.

A question - is Homer Liwag a real person or is he a fictional person? On the dvd trailer you never see a face, just some stunning coin magic.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1294 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
He is a real person ..sheesh....he is a really cool person to talk and learn from.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2006-09-20 13:54, Bob Kohler wrote:
I can't remember when I added a new coin trick to my repertoire

I think I remember a little routine called "Four Coins, Your Hands" Smile but then again its now been a few years ago now since I first showed you that.

BTW, I heard Chad Long does Homer's routine really well (never seen it personally though).

I incorporated Homer's "Visibly through the coin across that never goes" move into my Coinvention Crossing routine, as well as the subsequent retrieval. But now that I SEE Homer's retrieval, it looks way better than what I was doing!!
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Proof that Homer Liwag does really exist (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL