The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best card trick using flash paper?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
I absolutely love Flicker by Michael paul. it can be found in his notes show no mercy. very simply, very awesome.

SPEED
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
My personal favorite is one by Eugene Burger. I'm not at home currently to look it up, but it is the one performed with Tarot cards with a witchcraft theme. Very entertaining.
Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
Wiregram is a cool effect.
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 09:28, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Anyone explored the first trick from the Stranger Card section in Expert Card Technique? It's a classic.

That in fact is the only flash paper effect that I like. My personal feeling about flash paper is that it's a really quick way to say "cheesy 70s magician." But the effect that you mentioned is pretty darn cool.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
[/quote]

My personal feeling about flash paper is that it's a really quick way to say "cheesy 70s magician."
[/quote]

I think that me and the other Bizzarists here would disagree with you. Smile
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Kay Krystal's Card stab!..............
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Try "Fuse." http://www.magicproshop.com/-p-5801.html It is not exactly flash paper, but it works very similiar.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
My favourite is a prediction effect from Greater Magic... killer!
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Cheesy to other magicians maybe. I have never had an audience disappointed in an effect that used flash paper. Never. Are we trying to entertain, or just impress magic buddies?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Well consider me a cheesy 70's magician! I love flash paper.

No better way to create a magic moment and direct attention in my opinion. Not sure that just adding flash paper for the sake of using fire but used in the right context it is very effective.

For instance using it in Voodoo Card would be a little overkill IMO.

I have an effect in The Heat Of The Desert lecture notes where a Jumbo card changes to match a thought of selection in a flash of fire. Very cool effect and gets the spectator involved.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
I quit using flash paper after I got fined 1500.00 for burning one peice of flash paper. At the LA Auto Show back in 2004. In CA you have to have a pyrotech lic and a fire watch person (With a Fire Safty Card) standing no more than 50 feet away with a Fire Extinguisher. I was going to get the licence but it cost 2500.00 for the class and 1250.00 per year and you have to retest every 3 years (2500.00). It was just my luck I ran into "Duddly Do Right Fire Man" I had to go to court and was charged with Misdemeanor Possession of Class C Fireworks without a permit or proper safty persons. They were going to charge me and additional 500.00 per unused sheet...After all was done I ended up paying 2008.00 In total fines and was put on 3 years informal probation. All for one peice of 2" x 3" FU**ING Flash Paper...No I only use it at privite parties where I will only risk burning down the house...So all you CA magicians heed my advise, don't use flash paper in public places either indoors or out UNLESS you got the proper permits and licences. It aint worth it. I lost a day and a half of pay. Good thing it was a 10 day show.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Does flash cotton count? I recently came across a very clever effect by Tomo Maeda in a back issue of Genii (May, 2000) called "Human Cannonball." The Effect (as quoted from the magazine): A card is chosen from the deck and its corner is torn off, then given to the spectator for safe keeping. A small coin envelope is introduced and two jokers are removed from it. The chosen card is placed between the two jokers and the sandwich is rolled into a tube. After a rubber band is placed around it to keep it rolled, some cotton is inserted into the tube. The coin envelope is shown empty, then sealed and given to a spectator to hold (a bulls-eye is drawn on the face of the envelope). The cotton in the card tube is ignited with a flash -- the human cannonball has leapt to the envelope! The rubber band is removed and the cards unrolled to reveal just the two jokers. The sealed envelope is opened to reveal the chosen card inside, and the corner held by the spectator matches it perfectly.

Good fun!!
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2006-11-22 14:35, SPEEDcuber wrote:
I absolutely love Flicker by Michael paul. it can be found in his notes show no mercy. very simply, very awesome.

SPEED

Just came across this and wanted to say thanks for the compliment. For a while Flicker was off the market because I sold the rights to Ellusionist. You can read more about that situation, and check out the effect at my new web page here: http://www.michaelpaulmagic.com/flicker.htm
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
Hey Sweet Michael, I'm glad you got it back. So you added a bunch of new ideas after Show no mercy? I might have to check that out...

SPEED
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Best card trick using flash paper?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL