The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel Floating (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

glichxp
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of glichxp
When Criss Angel bent down backwards and only with one foot on the floor laid parallel with it. Any one have any clue what that trick is called and where can one purchase it
this trick was also recently seen on T.H.E.M. in a yoga class when at first 4 people laid on each others knees but then when two people are removed the two magicians are floating.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0JQGvgxejjk
Here is a link to what I'm talking about.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'm not sure why this is considered "Street Magic" and not "Stage magic done on the street, behind a barricade with a full camera crew and fake volunteers" but to answer your question the most likely product used is a modification of something called the "Lounge Suspension."

Oh, and welcome to the Magic Café. You'll do much better here if you don't start out with your first post looking for secrets of shows you saw on television.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
glichxp
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of glichxp
I'm looking on what this trick is called I have an idea of the secret is Smile
plus I haven't seen this done on stage anywhere it's kind of impractical in my opinion but definitely looks good.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yes, it does look good. Do a search for the name I gave you and you should find a vendor that carries it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
glichxp
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of glichxp
" Lounge Suspension" looks like this depends on the chair I think your missing the levitation back bending ability it's more of a matrix trick Smile
it's possible iv seen other people post their video on youtube that do this trick
and there's no stool in sight plus at a $1900+ I think I'd invent a cheaper way.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
1) This effect has been discussed ad nausea, please do a search next time. 2) This is NOT for sale anywhere, it, like many things on MindFreak, was made just for the show. It is a based on a handful of levitations and other effects already out there, but it is a one of a kind effect.

Here's some advice though: So many people immediately emulate, or at least try to emulate the "latest things from Criss Angel/David Blaine." Why would you simply want to be yet another face in the crowd? Magic is an art form, and the art cannot be furthered through simply copying the work of another. Had all of the great painters simply copied renaissance paintings between then and now, paintings wouldn't be terribly interesting to look at. Now, toss in some Matisse, Dali, and a splash of Picasso and you have yourself a wonderful, glorious, growing art form. Please help further the art. Try to think of what Criss and his team DIDN'T think of, that is where the greatest effect lies.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel Floating (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL