The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Card Trick Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
A while back I started working on the idea of taking my own close-up table with me. I built a special table that could be folded into a carrying case and put on the plane. It worked so well that I started to develop ideas that are actually built into the table one of those is a card locating and switching device. This thing is really cool. I have a video of it that I'd like to share. Check it out for fun. Remember that I haven't even practiced this for a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iNf3D_l8Cc

-- Ace
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I like the idea Starry. There is just so much flashing in the video. I've seen other tables with holdouts and bugs on them and it's a good idea. When you can eliminate the flash as you switch the cards, it'll look great!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
If you use 'Bee' playing card and switch cards when you turn face down card face up, Flash of faces will not be a problem.

However, I am not sure if repeating this change several times can be used in real world performance. Our purpose is not deceive Camera.

Hideo Kato
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
Quote:
On 2006-09-19 16:44, Vandy Grift wrote:
I like the idea Starry. There is just so much flashing in the video. I've seen other tables with holdouts and bugs on them and it's a good idea. When you can eliminate the flash as you switch the cards, it'll look great!

I've done it only a few times live. Because you can use misdirection added to the actual switch, flash goes pretty much unnoticed even lame as it is now.

Posted: Sep 22, 2006 12:57pm
Quote:

On 2006-09-20 04:56, Hideo Kato wrote:
If you use 'Bee' playing card and switch cards when you turn face down card face up, Flash of faces will not be a problem.

However, I am not sure if repeating this change several times can be used in real world performance. Our purpose is not deceive Camera.

Hideo Kato

I think that it should be limited in repetition, too. I'm going to built it into a couple of tricks where it is done only on the down beat.

Yes I've learned that the switch is best when turning the cards face up as I did when I exchanged the joker. No one seems to notice that change even on the video. However I need to adapt my location device to accomodate the face up exchange.
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » New Card Trick Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL