The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rivers of Babylon Coin Through Bottle System (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
Hi,

Several months ago I sent out a few copies of the ROBCTBS (that's a mouthful) DVD to several members to review. It is now available, and as I lost the PM's with the identities of those with the DVD, I'm asking an open call for their thoughts posted, both good and bad!

Thanks,

Zach
Trestkon
View Profile
New user
Canada
94 Posts

Profile of Trestkon
Where is it available? Can you tell me a bit about it?
-Larry
Jason234
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Jason234
It appears its now for sale, http://riversofbabylon.blogspot.com has information and demo videos for ir.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
I wasn't able to get onto the site using the link provided by Jason234. But I did see Zack's video on, I think, YouTube. Very nicely done.

One question, Zach. Is the bottle examinable by the audience member at any time?

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
zallen
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of zallen
The right link is:

http://riversbabylon.blogspot.com/

On that site there is a write-up as well as video demonstrations - one that shows the effect multiple times, and another that is one straight camera shot, no cuts or editing, of one of the routines from start to finish.

Mike,

The bottle can be freely handled by audience members.

Best,

Zach
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks, Zach.

I really liked your version. Very visual. I'm eventually going to have to get off my a** and buy one of the 3 or 4 versions that are currently making the rounds. Your version is definitely in contention. (grin)

Mike

P.S. Unanswered questions I'm looking for in a review by any purchaser: Is it practical? Is the bottle examinable both before and after the effect is performed? How practical is the set-up and can this effect be performed repeatedly by a close-up magician doing table-hopping without having to go to the restroom to "set-up"? Is anything else required to perform the effect? (I know that in Jeff Pierce's "Cap Trap" you need to buy a certain something (approximately $30.00 including S&H) in addition to the "Cap Trap DVD in order to perform Jeff's effect)

As I say, I'm just still in the exploratory stages and trying to evaluate the many cap in bottle effects that are out there.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Zach asked me to beta test this product a few months back and it looks like he's going to be releasing it soon. I'll just chime in here and tell you that this is a nice version of coin through bottle. What you see from the video is what you'll get. He teaches you many different variations on accomplishing the coin through bottle effect and they're all pretty visual. If you do decide to hand to the spectator the bottle with the coin inside, I will tell you right off the bat that it's going to be a BOLD move for your part. You'll see what I mean when you see it, but I've been assured that it will not be noticed by your spectators. He also teaches you a few variations that you can do with this system not limited to just coins (playing cards, billets). Do remember that this is a coin through bottle effect, so I'm not sure how much detail he'll go into it with cards if any, but I found that one to be a bit fidgety.

All in all, I like it and would recommend it. Thanks for letting me beta test it Zach.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2006-09-22 00:41, VcosNJ wrote:
If you do decide to hand to the spectator the bottle with the coin inside, I will tell you right off the bat that it's going to be a BOLD move for your part.

. . . . but I've been assured that it will not be noticed by your spectators.

Thanks VcosNJ!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17027 Posts

Profile of joseph
Thanks for the review.....Sounds good...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rivers of Babylon Coin Through Bottle System (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL