The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Close-Up Trick?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13404 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here they are:

Cylinder and Coins
Purse And Glass

.. and all that stuff Ivan Amodei was doing at the castle around thanksgiving. gad zooks!!!!!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
If anyone gets this far Im gonna have to say Crazy Man's Handcuff's and N.F.W. Also be aware sometimes the best reaction can be no reaction at all.This really threw me when I started doing C.M.Handcuffs for people. All I got was stunned silence. Smile
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Lagrange
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Lagrange
I like:
CMH
Pinnacle
Skinner's Ultimate Monte
Twisted Sisters
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
There is an old effect not many people do anymore with an unprepared ribbon and borrowed finger ring.

The performer is able to get the ring on and off the ribbon while under cover of a handkercheif.

The great thing about it is that everything truly is unprepared and there is nothing extra used. Nothing added or taken away and all that.

I want to say it's in "My Best" by Thompson.. I guess I just did.

I'm not sure about that source, if anyone knows better or knows more about what I'm talking about than I do please correct me.

For those who aren't familiar with it, this is one trick that is definitely worth having in your repertoire!

Dr Magic

Smile
Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
142 Posts

Profile of Wizard
On 2004-01-21 07:54, Dr Magic wrote:
Quote:
There is an old effect not many people do anymore with an unprepared ribbon and borrowed finger ring.

The performer is able to get the ring on and off the ribbon while under cover of a handkerchief.

The great thing about it is that everything truly is unprepared and there is nothing extra used. Nothing added or taken away and all that.

I want to say it's in "My Best" by Thompson.. I guess I just did.

I'm not sure about that source, if anyone knows better or knows more about what I'm talking about than I do please correct me.

Yes,this is really an nice effect and I do it myself very often. It is called the "Sefalaljia Principle" and was first published in the JINX, Dec.2,1939 and as far as I know the originator was Stewart James. There is a whole section about this in "Abbots Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks" Vol.#3
FINIS CORONAT OPUS
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Cups And Balls
$100 bill switch
CMH
Ambitious Card
Smile
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I'd have to say in order my vote would be:
Vanishing lit cigarette
Close up animation/floating
Invisible deck
Sponge Balls
CMH
Chop Cup
Bill Switch
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
70 Posts

Profile of harp
Thumbslinger, Jeff,

The coin in matchbook effect is by Doug Bennett and named Firetrap. There is a new review under tricks by daffydoug. This is the one and it is great. I can't believe it surfaced again. Check it out.

Harp
JEFFC
View Profile
New user
RI
70 Posts

Profile of JEFFC
Harp,
I searched this site for "Firetrap" and "Doug Bennet", and didn't find it. I may not understand you correctly.
Jeff

UPDATE:

Harp,
My apologies. It took a bit, but I searched daffydougs' posts. It was under "Tricks & Effects » » REVIEW: Fire Trap, By Doug Bennet". Not the trick I was thinking of, but sounds very good.
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
206 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I would have to cast my vote for the "Vanishing Silk" or is it the "Vanishing Handkerchief"? Beats me.

I also enjoy:

Bill Switch
CMH
Coin through a Glass Table (Scotch and Soda).
Mr. Clean Coins Across

Note: These are tricks that fried me, not necessarily tricks I perform.

Jake
President S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
Bro John Hammon's "Twins" never fails me. (My fingers might fail once in a while Smile , but the trick is outstanding.)

Mike
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
magichadley
View Profile
New user
Dayton OH
38 Posts

Profile of magichadley
Has anyone used Chrome Fushion It sounds cool on the trickery.com site.

Magichadley
Renegade
View Profile
New user
Buffalo, New York
59 Posts

Profile of Renegade
Any of the penetrating pens get a great response and I agree it's hard to beat slow work with the TT
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Chewing a string back together. It is totally outside their comprehension, and they get to keep the string.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
NFW, Skinner's 3 Card Monte, Bill Malone's Card on the Back of the Hand, Sankey's Cartesian Coins
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
Two things I cannot live without when performing close-up are my LePaul Wallet, and Spot-Light(I use a laser instead of the small flashlight, and it absolutly stuns lay audiences, and is very useful when the audience doesn't speak english, it's too loud to hear, or it's just too dim for anything else. This is a "real world workers lifesaver".
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I'd vote for Dean Dill's Blizzard and mcdonalds aces from ETMCM vol.2 (bonus effect).
Stong visual close-up tricks.
Jack. Smile
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Jamie,

Spot-Light?? Can you give me full details?
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Close-Up Trick?! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL