The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Rubber Band (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
I'm looking for a routine to link a wedding
ring onto a rubber band. Any sources?
MAGIC HAPPENS !
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
You may want to check out Eric DeCamps' SNAP FINGER RING LINK in APOCALYPSE, Volume 10 No 7, July of 1987. It appears on page 1371.

-Marty
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Also in Simon Aronson's book "Try The Impossible," he has a wonderful ring and rubberband link and penetration.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16948 Posts

Profile of joseph
Dan Harlan's tapes teach a really good version, along with great band magic. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of maratekin
In "The Magic of Michael Ammar," there is a series of effects in which a ring is linked to a rubber band. This is based, in part, on a Bill Kalush trick. The trick is called "Ring Band-it."

I'd also recommend Simon Aronson's version from "Try the Impossible" as well.

Good luck -

Mark
CSStanton
View Profile
Loyal user
Suttons Bay, MI
228 Posts

Profile of CSStanton
To add to Joseph - on Bandshark there is a great bit on how to link a wedding band to a rubber band. Handeling is great, so is the effect. PM me if you need more help.
-Casey
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of maratekin
Also check out Elastrix 2 - there's a variation on the ring and rubber brand effect there as well (this is also a must-have for anyone interested in rubber band magic, in my opinion).

Good luck -

Mark
Magic Chris
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Chris
Have a look at Jeff Pierce, he has a manuscript in PDF format, it's a linking ring to rubber band trick

"The Joining":

http://www.members.aol.com/pierce603/magic.html

And here's a review of it:
http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0308joining.html

Magic Chris
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have to throw my hat in the ring for Jeff Pierce's effect. IMO it has all the strengths of the other mentioned routines and none of the weaknesses. I feel that, along with Bill Kalush's original ("Rubber Ringer" from Richard's Almanac, on which all the others are based), this is one of the three or four strongest impromptu pieces you can possibly perform.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring and Rubber Band (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL