The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
What, in your opinion, is the ideal restaurant routine? Why? I am trying to put together a group of good restaurant appropriate effects. If you don't have a favorite...what is a good one? Thanks for any help you may have.
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Lol... I don't see why you don't just call me up... I've got all the answers. Smile hee hee.

I always have believed in starting off with a cool coin trick. Never start with a card trick, lol. I always have at least one card trick which is usually card to wallet. And I also have one "non-card and non-coin trick".

I will either do that jiggernaut routine I showed you or crazy man's handcuffs or something like that.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1631 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
The ideal restaurant routine would be one that is short (2-3 min's tops), visual, could be done mostly in the hands or with very little table space, would reset instantly and would have a good story line or emotional hook to get the audience interested.

That is off the top of my head...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5411 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Not really... the length should vary from the kind of restaurant you are working at.... to when you are working in the restaurant.... sometimes you work before the food comes... sometimes after... if you work after, the length can be longer.... those are the restaurants that are a little nicer and the patrons stay and have drinks... versus.. a restaurant where you have to move people because it's really busy and they want you to keep waiting lines short.... moving tables.... then it's likely you would want to be in the lobby where people are waiting...

koz
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10764 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Dr. Sacks, Dice Routine, is one of my favorites

You might also try Bob Kohlers black envelope, the envelope and signed card makes a great give away.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL