The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Wow, Wow, Wow (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Well, maybe I could cause a little trouble...

Many years ago for Halloween I did a seance on a radio station. It was an all rock station in Duluth, MN and they had been promoting my palm reading in a local watering hole so the match for Halloween was a natural. We did a remote broadcast from one of the morning drive DJ's apartments.

Two interesting things happend during that seance. First we found the big fluffy chair was haunted by the ghosts of all those starry-eyed girls who came up for a "visit" to the famous DJ's apartment from the bar downstairs. Lotta energy floating in that rather large chair. It really should be cleaned.

Second, we did hypno-heat...he held it so long it burned his hand.

So, one time I did hurt someone with a hypnotic theme done over the radio.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I have not said anything on this, but I feel I should. Danny, you are correct in what you say, but Slim putting it here is also correct. There is no difference with his effect here as it is presented as hypnosis, than pseudo-hypnotic stunts. There are "magic effects" that have been used by hypnotists in hypnotic acts, or pseudo hypnotic acts. Both of these type acts have been discussed, and welcomed in this forum. Infact, many of the posters here have asked for guidence and direction on learning these effects/stunts. You, and many professionals have a backup act that is made of such material that you can use, just in case the performing venue does not lend itself to hypnosis. (A very smart thing to do.)

If you sit back and think about it, I think you would agree. The only thing you might object to at that point is that it has been referred to as hypnosis and not as hypnotic-like. With this post, and some of your earlier posts, that has been made clear, and anyone reading the entire thread should understand.

With that said, can we move on?

Tony
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Mota..That's kind of funny, a Palm Reader burning someones Palm......( Would that change their future?) Smile But you were in the room with him, right? Or did you have him do it somewhere else? Remotely.
And Tony hit the nail on the head.
Thanks to both of you.
I think that this thread stars with...Slim King did a "little" hypnosis on me.
Let's get back to that. Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I was in the room with him. I could see he was feeling it and wanted to fight me on the warmth suggestion so I just let time take care of it for me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Slim I can send you many tapes of me on Kevin Matthews show in chicago hypnotising interns. Not like this is a new idea buddy. well hypnosis and the radio anyhow. Lee did it in Chicago on Buzz Kilmans show if I am not wrong. So first off lets not act like your breaking ground.

Why do you need examples of people being hurt to see how people can be hurt? All I am saying is this crap belongs in the mentalist forum, NOT hypnosis for it is not hypnosis. Pretty simple really.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
But it could be could it not Danny?

And if not why not?

I am not picking here I am just wondering.

-JIM
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your gonna have to ask that in English if you want an answer my friend.

Posted: Nov 12, 2006 5:59pm
Ok Jim lets face it Slim and this whole thread and the one in mentalism is designed to sell crap. Ok? Pretty plain and simple if you ask me. Fine if they want to let him hawk crap then go ahead it is capatilism at its best. Go for it.

The problem Jim is when you try to blur lines and people who don't know better read the crap. For example a kid reading this thinks "hey long distance hypnosis maybe I give that a try". Well guess what? IT WILL WORK.

Now you have a situation where a kid putting people in danger. YOU should know this Jim. IF you work with hyp like you say. I am NOT saying it dosn't work. To the contrary It DOES! THAT is the problem. I am saying it will work and it could be dangerous.

Here is the problem Jim. ONE incident with a radio host and it is pretty big news. Well guess what? THAT hurts the art don'tcha think? To say nothing of the PERSON who can be hurt.

I am not saying Slims silly trick is going to hurt anyone, I am saying that presenting it as such in this forum may. NOT WILL MAY. And why take the chance. It is mentalism. Heck he is hawking the method. Great it is just not a good idea.

And why should either of you care? Neither one of you do hypnosis so if something happens, guess what? You go on your merry way. Well it is unsafe and if you can't see past your own wallet to know that, then it is sad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Good post Danny I can understand were you are comming from.

But I must clear up one thing I am not making anything off of this and Dave had not intended on marketing this.

Actualy it was decided only a few days ago for variouse reasons.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Funny it has a heck of a campaign for a not marketed effect.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Let me clarify...no one should try to hypnotize anyone over the radio. You must be trained in this procedure first. Do not try this at home. Do not try to do this at a friend's home! This is for trained professionals such as Criss Angel, when he hypnotizes folks with a piece of paper. Slim king does not advocate non-professionals hypnotizing others over the phone.
How's that for clarifying this situation?
Are we all safe now? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Slim:

I missed that show. What kind of paper did CA use, was it TP?

Tony
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess I need to clarify further.

Danny Doyle retracts ever calling any of Slim's products crap.

The "idea" of hypnotizing someone long distance with no safety procedures was crap. As stated in another thread the "effect" is indeed strong. Not crap.

Hope that clarifies a bit more Slim.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Lots of hugs and kisses going around. Real friendly. I can now leave.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Conclusions have been jumped here, as can happen sometimes. Heavens know, I've been guilty of it more than once!

Slim played it safely, Danny. I streamed the shows on the net. Safety precautions were observed.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who ever said that the shows were not safe.

Does everyone have trouble reading Lee?

My problem was someone reading this thread and trying it. Can't you see that Mr. Safety guru?

Point is Slim made it right, so no problem.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I will Mesmerize now Smile
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Slim....I gotta know...Where'd you get the Shriner fez?
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Same place I got the Cross, the Star of David, the Budda, the Onk, the Red Prayer Cloth and the Judges Robe........... Smile
Christmas Presents.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Slim, as much as I hate to admit it, that was *#)#$(ing funny!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
For several years my avitar was me wearing a Pope or Bishops Hat. No Catholic ever questioned me about it .....Now I'm getting questionable emails from the Masons. Smile
IT'S PART OF THE ACT. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Wow, Wow, Wow (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL