We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Barrel Escape Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
This is my first performance of my 85 gallon escape barrel on stage. I only had two minutes so I had to leave out an inspection which is too bad but overall it went pretty well. http://youtube.com/watch?v=6u2sG0I2HP4
-Keir
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi,

Its nice, but not really my style.

You've taken a really hardcore escape and turned it in to an illusion, which I think is a shame.

From your audience's reaction it did seem to go down well, but I've seen this escape performed as a serious escape and it totally killed.

Next time you try it out, have it done as a serious escape.

Also, what happened to the water?

I've always felt it was the danger element that really killed the audience and sadly you took that away.

I hope you don't mind me saying these things. I don't mean to offend and appologise if I have.

Have fun with it and I look forward to seeing the next vid.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
No affence taken this was a last minute performance that was just for fun and with the circumstances water was not possible unfortunatley. I can use water but as I said it wouldent have worked there. Thank you for the advice!
-Keir
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
No worries mate.

Its just how I felt when I saw the vid.

Hope you stick around the Café.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
aggieman
View Profile
Loyal user
galveston, tx
207 Posts

Profile of aggieman
Quote:
On 2006-09-26 17:30, Roslyn wrote:
No worries mate.

Its just how I felt when I saw the vid.

Hope you stick around the Café.

You don't scare people to much ros. lol.

and I agree with ros though.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2249 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I must say that I too agree. But that is just my oppinion. I did like the twist to it though. So I would say that my oppinion would be more of a mixed feeling with it.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
zawert
View Profile
New user
Ottawa Canada
24 Posts

Profile of zawert
Ya the ideal way I would get say 10 volenteers up it would be full of water and I would let them inspect it. Then I would be cuffed and locked inside once my assistants raised the curtain the volenteers would hold hands around the curtain making a chain so noone can get in or out. Then aorund three minutes later of dramatic music my assitants would start to freak out and when they drop the curtain I'm ontop driping wet. I plan to do something like rhat as a stunt soon. Does anyone have another idea for a differnt publicity stunt with this?
-Keir
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
Not bad, I agree with some of the comments about maybe needing a little more 'danger' to the effect, but I also know EXACTLY where your comming from when you say that you couldn't accomodate it where you were at. Good job though, If I was in the audience I would have enjoyed the performance.

Looking forward to more clips :o)
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Barrel Escape Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL