The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I would like to find any information on the Allen Kennedy center deal. If anyone knows where I can find videos, books or anything on his center deal or anyones center deal, please help me out
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
You mean how to do it or Vernons search for it?
Steve V
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
How to do it
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of luvisi
See Magic and Methods of Ross Bertram, and volume 12 of the Revelations video series.

Andru
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Thanks for the reply. I have the revelations dvd series. I like his explination, but I'm looking for alittle more detail. I'm searching for Magic and Methods of Ross Bertram now. Anyone else have an good information for me? THanks
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Why are you not looking at my Expose? If you did then why is it that you're asking about the middle deal?

When expert stuff is given, people just pass over it like it's nothing. And yes I actually middle deal at times when I cheat.

Don't get ****ed at me but I'm a hard teacher

Your New Friend and Hopefully Teacher

Doc
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Unknown419, what are you talking about? Your expose?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2006-09-28 11:52, Magicjg wrote:
Unknown419, what are you talking about? Your expose?

Doc's Expose.

You're in the gambling section and you don't look at other things? How can you ever learn?

Doc
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&17

Might wanna check this out magicjg
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Quote:
On 2006-09-27 23:18, Unknown419 wrote:
Why are you not looking at my Expose?

Maybe because he was asking for sources that showed a little more detail. No offense, but that is exactly what your expose is lacking.
I agree with everyone who says your skill is outstanding and your center deal is exactly what someone should see if he wanted to see how it should look like, but for someone who is trying to learn the mechanics of the center deal your expose isn't the best of sources.

All the best,
Peter
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2006-09-26 21:33, Magicjg wrote:
I would like to find any information on the ... center deal. If anyone knows where I can find videos, ... or anything on ... anyones center deal, please help me out

Peter it depends on what you're actually looking for. I look at things to see if it looks real and the hand position etc. and then from that point on I try to invent my own variant according to my handling.

Pete I take no offense on things such as these. Thanks for your compliments regarding my handling.

Your Friend

Doc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15873 Posts

Profile of tommy
While I understand what Pete has said, I have to say that Doc's way, is the way I have found some things that best suit me and I can do best. It's harder because your using your own head rather than having it handed to you on plate.

However I can't do a centre, so sorry I can't help with that. It's just something I have little enthusiasm for because I haven't seen one that looks real but I will now have look at Doc's and am sure it will inspire me to at least try.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Quote:
On 2006-09-30 13:47, Unknown419 wrote:
...and then from that point on I try to invent my own variant according to my handling.

I think there are a lot of stages between getting handed things on a plate like tommy mentions and the above quote and to get good I feel one needs to spend a considerable amount of time in all of these stages. I agree that once you reach the stage of inventing your own handlings to best suit your style you are not just getting good, but real good.

To get back on topic, I'll try and get a video of my center deal as well.

All the best,
Peter
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Here's a video of my center deal. As you can see I use the Gene Maze grip, from his book The Art of Bottom Dealing.
The take of the aces is not as smooth as I like it to be, but it's getting there. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Center Deal

All the best,
Peter
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
Not a bad looking deal but there is a slight problem with this from the side this looks ok and I know you don't show your deals from the front but because from the front it's not that great trust me I have played with this method for many years because when you take the card the gap is very big from the front.

As an expose I guess it would pass but I don't know if you play cards for stakes I do and this deal is no good for that purpose to make the deal good takes lots of practice the front grip must be natural and it's ok if the grip is from the erdnsae grip, and don't forget laymen, spectators at the card table or whatever have absolutely have to see nothing when that card comes out including the gap as much as possible.

So practice in front of a mirror and you'll soon get it but like I said it has a flaw from the front so really take the time with this beautful sleight to make it look perfect and then and only then will you have a weapon to admire for ever, and don't forget if you show this to magicians with perfect handling they will look at you with amazement as they will like you, talk about you and even hate you a little.

This sleight is one of my many weapons at the card table I love it.

Also great expose demo Doc good to see another fellow mechanic working those beautiful moves- great work, great hands, from a great man.

Your friend and fellow mechanic
God bless
EMVT
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Quote:
On 2006-09-30 19:27, EMVT wrote:
Not a bad looking deal but there is a slight problem with this from the side this looks ok and I know you don't show your deals from the front but because from the front it's not that great trust me I have played with this method for many years because when you take the card the gap is very big from the front.

I think we have been using sleightly different methods because that gap you're speaking of his hardly there. Of course, you didn't know that because of the top view of the video. I'll try to make a front view video in the next couple of days.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Yeah I think the best view is that of someone sitting at the table with you.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Here's a front view of my attempt at the center deal. Any tips would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGd1avMTiik
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 05:59, Peter Woerde wrote:
Here's a front view of my attempt at the center deal. Any tips would be appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGd1avMTiik

Peter, that looks pretty good. I can't center deal, so take this for what it's worth. If I were watching you there is two things in the clip that would catch my eye.

First, there is a slight hesitation when you deal the center card. It seems to take a split second longer for you to get the center card than it does for the first three cards dealt. I would either try to get that center card out in the same amount of time that it takes to get the other cards, or slow down the legit deal a little bit. Using a metronome while practicing could go a long way towards eliminating that little hiccup.

Secondly, when you take the center card the hand holding the deck seems to rise from the table a little bit further then when you are dealing from the top. It's very subtle but it looks a tiny bit sketchy.

Having said that, I think it looks pretty darn good. Certainly a lot better than I could ever do, so please don't misconstrue my comments. I'm only letting you know what I saw when I watched it and what I would notice if we were playing together.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Peter in my opinion even though I may have the exact same problem that Vandy said you're having I believe that your center deal will fly in any game. I'm proud of you, keep up the good work.

Your Friend

Doc

P.S. Your get ready is a 10... mine is an 8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL