The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
brownitus
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of brownitus
Agreed, that's a really strong center deal Peter, great work. Now we know how you got all those chips there Smile Smile
"Everything that can be invented has been invented." - Charles H. Duell, US Commissioner of Patents, 1899
Peter Woerde
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
107 Posts

Profile of Peter Woerde
Vandy, thanks for your observations. I'll work on the details you mentioned. I like your suggestion for using a metronome.
Doc, thanks for the kind words. I'm pretty sure I'd screw it up if I would try it in a real game though.
Brownitus, I never used the center deal in my blackjack game. The punch deal is much safer for that and it gets those chips just as nicely.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Other than the rythm it looked great. Wouldnt pass in most games cuz of that lil' delay...well done.
Steve V
EMVT
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of EMVT
Hey Peter I liked your center deals that would definitely get the money in a game trust me even with the little minute details I wouldn't worry about it you're on the right track good job

EMVT
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Peter,

For the record, that deal would definately fly in any of the games I play in. No doubt in my mind. So please don't take my comments as any kind of criticism. The deal is excellent. The items that I pointed out are extremely fine points that very, very few people would ever notice. I only made mention of them in case you wanted to try and eliminate them. But honestly, your center deal is really very good. Great work.

I got the metronome idea from Ian Kendall. I use one when I work on 2nds and bottoms. The electronic ones are cheap and they can be adjusted to various time counts. It's a pretty handy little practice tool that really helps me with my rhythm.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Andrei
View Profile
Veteran user
Romania
353 Posts

Profile of Andrei
http://www.metronomeonline.com/ also works, if you have a laptop that you can carry to your table.

Andrei
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
That is true Vandy...only magicians would really notice the rythm issue. Actually he could alter the legit moves to more closely match the center.
Steve V
Paul H
View Profile
Inner circle
UK South Coast
1130 Posts

Profile of Paul H
Guys,

It really does depend on the quality of the company. But this is all a red herring anyway as Peter is focused on producing gambling demo's. And for this purpose its an excellent deal.

Regards,

Paul H
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
I also recommend getting a small metronome for practicing any false deals. Although you can use audio samples on a computer to accomplish the same thing, such as the ones provided by Ian Kendall on his website, there's nothing like having a tempo-adjustable metronome at your fingertips that you can cailbrate to your natural dealing tempo. I use a Korg MA-30 that I picked up on ebay for $16. It's cheap, and will definitely improve anyone's false dealing.

BTW, your center deal clip looked awesome.
Daniel M. Carrico
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
To Whom It May Concern

Why do ya'll always hear me talk about my Treo phone, I have the 700P now and will soon advance to the 750 that's coming out soon. Just go to Palmgear.com and download BeatMatch or any other metronome program that you like and "Voila" you have a ready to use metronome at your service. You download Fake Call for when you're in a game to pretend someone is calling you for an emergency so you can leave the game after Cold Decking them, you download NMG to practice your number memory system, download card count to help you know your discard cards for memory, Flash Cards for the pneumonic systems, IOU mate for people who owe you money, Sound Rec to tape all conversations pertaining to what ever, a camcorder to video tape moves on the spot, Moving Board in case you have to let your friend know something from across the room. Match Who in case you have to identify someone, Translator in case you need to speak to someone who speaks in another language, Flash Lamp for your S.O.S. morse code help and for your flash light and now all we need is the 5.0 StackView, I have the old PDA one on my phone.

The list goes on and on for whatever your gambling and practicing needs are. If you're a hustler you need a Treo not only because of all the things you may need but also to remember how to cheat a particular game. Why? There are so many variants to each cheat and poker game that you've already beaten that you can't remember them all so you'll have to look up how you used to cheat a particular game so you can go right to it again.

Doc

P.S. And yes for the record I do have small metronome I used to practice with but with advanced technology of today I no longer need it.
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
I feel like I was watching an ad for the phone when I was reading you post doc.
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
daniel1113
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of daniel1113
Quote:
On 2006-10-09 18:20, Unknown419 wrote:
Why do ya'll always hear me talk about my Treo phone, I have the 700P now and will soon advance to the 750 that's coming out soon.

You have good tastes, Doc. I am waiting for the 750 as well, as it may just be the finest smartphone ever produced.
Daniel M. Carrico
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I guess I love a good debate. one thing I cant understand the same people here who says that shell/monte on the streets and boosting is wrong they cheat at cards and dice! go figure!
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I guess I love a good debate. one thing I cant understand the same people here who says that shell/monte on the streets and boosting is wrong they cheat at cards and dice! go figure! Is it better to steal from some poor sap rather than a rich store??? lol! I am not a thief I am just trying to figure out some peoples logic. I don't care what yall say I know I am right!
Also Doc, look like you love that phone!
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1332 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
The phone is one of your main necessities when hustling besides money, a car, a spot to hustle at and a gun.

You will need a phone to call your partner, to find out where the gambling spot is at, for directions, even to call the police if you have any problems (no matter how bad you is in your town the people out of town don't know you nor do they give a f*** about you) so the police will have to save you then, if your car brake down or if you're left stranded while running in another direction. My morse code flashing light S.O.S. signal is to let any one know I'm in trouble if stranded in the woods while also being a flash light in the dark. You can even have the police track you down using the GPS on your phone besides the fact that you can use it as a shiner while dealing.

I know I'm rambling on and on about a phone but the object of hustling is to stay alive in order to spend the money that you're making. So I'm writing this because hustling is a business (a dirty one) and the Treo phone is a business phone. I study programs that teach you how to win at checkers, chess (Chess Genius) and learn how to play specific games. My phone can record my phone conversations as well as any other conversations just in case something goes wrong on the road or with an officer etc. (You need this as your proof that you were in the right). Memph33777 as you know blacks encounter a lot of problems on the road.

Your Entertainment Center

While you're on a bus or in a car it will entertain you with games, music, pictures, videos/TV shows and the bible while still being able to access the internet for whatever info you need. Hustling is not all about cheating it's about surviving on the road when you're all alone or don't like the person you're hustling with and you want to leave. I know this to be true because I've experienced everything I'm talking about while on the road and like most hustlers know things happen just when you don't expect it to.

The Other Necessities

The Gun: It's not for you to hurt or kill any one unless it's absolutely necessary but used to get yourself out of a bad situation or danger.

The Car: To get you to and from games and for escaping to safety.

The Money: Needed in order to hustle with and to buy food while on the road (you can sleep in your car).

"Doc, look like you love that phone."

Yes memph3377 I do love my phone if it wasn't for me hustling an ordinary cell phone would do me fine.

The Conclusion

Remember safety 1st, hustling 2nd. Why? Because if you're dead or locked up hustling will be the least of your worries.

Respectfully,

Doc

P.S. You know you can even have a picture of your driver's license in your phone just in case your wallet is lost or stolen etc.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15872 Posts

Profile of tommy
These Remote Video Cameras that have their own phone number, such as this Pupillo one here, might be a useful thing for an enterprising hustler. Note it has IR. You would need to get the audio bleep disabled.

http://threestore.three.co.uk/PAYG/default.aspx
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, NV
826 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
And to think I learned by just pitching cards around the table and occasionally in front of a mirror...

:)
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I might have to get me one of those phones.
memph33777
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of memph33777
I want to know what some of you hustlers weekly take is. How much money do you hustlers usually take a week?
sodman12
View Profile
Special user
raleigh
601 Posts

Profile of sodman12
Its not enough
you can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but never all of the people all the time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Center deal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL