The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Merchant accounts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
Hello everyone,

I am considering opening a merchant account. More and more I have customers ask if I accept credit cards. I would like to be able to offer this option. Anyone out there have a merchant account service they can recommend? I am new to this sort of thing so any info is appreciated. I know I don't want to go through my bank as they charge a fortune, but a brief google search revealed a lot of options. Just curious if anyone has a service they can recommend.

Thanks
shawn
Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
Shawn,

I've used Practice Pay Solutions for many years and have been very happy with their service. I can recommend them withour hesitation. You don't need any special equipment, as everything is done via the Internet on a virtual terminal. Simple and easy.

The set-up fee is only $49, and my monthly charges can run about $26 per month. Customer service is great and you can call them anytime and talk to a real person if you have a question or have a problem (which I never have had!).

The web site for Practice Pay Solutions is: http://www.practicepaysolutions.com/

Take a look, then call them directly. You can be up and running in a day or so.

Jim

PS: You could also use a vendor like Paypal, but look carefully first. I've heard all sorts of horror stories when a problem, like a contested charge, does arise.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
Paypal also offers a very resonable merchant account. I use it but most of my clinets prefer to pay by check.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
I got my Merchant account through Cyberauthorize.com and I like them a lot. Kathy Bracken is the owner and very available.... All of the people there are quite helpful.

You can either get a hand held unit that is wireless, or go with someplace like Authorize.net and run it through a palm pilot or through your computer. Expect to spend about $30 per month before you run a single charge.... so, you have to decide if you do enough volume to justify it.

An alternative would be to set up a pay pal account and allow people to prepay through pay pal.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
shawn popp
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver
313 Posts

Profile of shawn popp
I have been considering the paypal option. I not terribly familiar with it, but its my understanding that the customer would have to create a paypal account. In my limited experience, people don't want to create a paypal account, and I don't blame them. They simply want to give the cc# and move on. I was hoping for an online service that I could use to take their card, get and authorization and be done with it. Eventually I may try to run it through my website like a shopping cart but for now I want it to be as easy as possible for the customer. any thoughts?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Merchant accounts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL