The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN with Jumbo Cards by Eduardo Kozuch (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Hum... I don't own it personally but a friend of mine does and I don't think you could exactly do what you say John... Most of it is true, but one part is slightly different, although the spectator will swear to have seen what you just described. But it IS a great effect!
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
I purchased this effect through a dealer in the UK some months ago. It really is as good as just as described - Eduardo done a great job in putting this together. As a fan of ACAAN (and related) plots, I think this is very interesting.

I would however like to point out that the cards are very large - approx 30cm x 23cm (12" x 9"). By contrast, "ordinary" Bicycle jumbos are 18cm x 11.5 cm (7" x 4.5"). There are two points here. First, the cards are great for stage but look somewhat odd in "drawing room/close up settings. Second, each card weighs almost 30 grammes so the whole deck clocks in around 1.45 kg (3.2 pounds). This makes handling somewhat awkward and the card case becomes the subject of a fair amount of wear & tear (I received a couple of spare cases with the deck; a nice touch by Eduardo).

These observations should not be seen as a criticism of the effect - they are just facts which, I think, should be considered by any prospective buyer. I had hoped to use the cards in close-up but I think that they are simply too large for that. In the right setting, however, this could be a phenomenal effect that will leave the spectators scratching their heads.
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
I purchased this effect through a dealer in the UK some months ago. It really is as good as just as described - Eduardo done a great job in putting this together. As a fan of ACAAN (and related) plots, I think this is very interesting.

I would however like to point out that the cards are very large - approx 30cm x 23cm (12" x 9"). By contrast, "ordinary" Bicycle jumbos are 18cm x 11.5 cm (7" x 4.5"). There are two points here. First, the cards are great for stage but look somewhat odd in "drawing room/close up settings. Second, each card weighs almost 30 grammes so the whole deck clocks in around 1.45 kg (3.2 pounds). This makes handling somewhat awkward and the card case becomes the subject of a fair amount of wear & tear (I received a couple of spare cases with the deck; a nice touch by Eduardo).

These observations should not be seen as a criticism of the effect - they are just facts which, I think, should be considered by any prospective buyer. I had hoped to use the cards in close-up but I think that they are simply too large for that. In the right setting, however, this could be a phenomenal effect that will leave the spectators scratching their heads.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have this deck also and everything IS examinable. The audience cannot see the gimmick even though it is right there in the cards. The cards are very large, but I use that to my advantage since I do comedy magic & the giant cards always get a laugh when displayed.
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
As I understand Eduardo did't produce ACAAN any more ((( ?
BigSmile
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of BigSmile
I have the version with normal cards. If you are interested let me know... Smile
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
It is another acaan... all said. For those who like it, it may appeal. Like my father used to saw, keep it simple. I still prefer the barry richarson`s version. In some ways you achieve the same but in a more easy way!There are so many versions out there that acaan lovers want to know them all if possible. in the end, it is an impossible effect because there is no such way of having the result for real! It must happen something to the deck on 95% of the times altough there are several ways of doing it... Marc Paul did a version of it that is not published... I suppose no one is familiar with his method till today! On his hands, it is as well a good effect. Still, appeal more to magicians than to lay people
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ACAAN with Jumbo Cards by Eduardo Kozuch (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL