The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Put on the Spot... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
"Hey, I know you do magic, do something! Do it, PLEASE! Common...."

How do you react? What do you do?

You don't have a deck of cards, you don't have any 'gimmicked' or gaffs, you are empty.

What do you do? Borrow some coins?

Hope to hear some comments Smile

Tanner
sman
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of sman
How about Ringleader - Simon Aronson's - Visit his website. Just carry a few rubberbands with you and borrow a ring.

Skip
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Body magic will do. Some equivoque can work wonders here as well.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I always have at least coins, bills and I'll look to see what I can borrow.

If you haven't looked into impromptu magic effects then I suggest that you do so.

I can use borrowed coins, bills, cigarettes, finger rings, pens, and a few other things that people have on them or are readily available and do a few things. It took quite a bit of research but it's worthwhile.
I've actually borrowed a wedding band and shoestring and did a nice little routine at a bachelor party.

An idea is to first work with objects that are commonly carried by men and women.

Then look around in your workplace, other places you frequent and make a note of objects you see. Look for impromptu trick resources and seek out tricks where these objects are used, or may be used, and practice a few.

There are a few discussions at the Café on what impromptu tricks to do at pool side, picnics, homes, bars, etc. An Advanced Café search should help.

Good luck,
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Thanks very much everyone! Great to have some replies so quickly Smile

Magically,

Tanner J
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I don't always have something on me at the ready. I don't believe you should always be "on". I politely tell them that I have a web site with my performance schedule on it and they can pick a day. Smile

Ok, sometimes I will perform them if they have a deck of cards, but not all the time.

JIM
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I agree with Jim. Magic is a performance art, much like acting. Would you ever go up to an actor and demand that he act out something for you on the spot? No. You are not a trained monkey that has to dance every time the organ starts to grind. But, if you CHOOSE to perform, that's different.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I'm with Kent. I'm not a poodle and I don't do tricks on demand.
Steve V
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Thanks very much guys...Smile
Siclone
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Siclone
Wait a second, what kind of magician runs around without carrying a deck of cards?

This is a requirement Smile
opay
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of opay
Well, I always have my deck with me, but if in special situation and if that's on restaurant. Just grab a spoon and you know, bending, is bending. Look it's still bending.
best regards

=payz=
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I always have a deck of cards with me. 90% of the time in Si Stebbins order, so some mind reading there. Endless possibilities there with the cards in general. If cards aren't suitable at the moment then I would pull out 3 quarters or borrow them and do Gregory Wilson's 3/4 Across. Or his Quick Silver routine. Or Recapped if a pen is available. If only paper money is available then I would do Andrew Mayne's Ghost Bills.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2006-10-08 23:50, Siclone wrote:
Wait a second, what kind of magician runs around without carrying a deck of cards?

This is a requirement Smile

The kind of magician that's not formally performing or cares to be a 24/7 performer. A mage who can work some impromptu magic with common objects if a situation arises. Smile
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
I agree with Jaz.

I am very good with card tricks, but don't carry them around everywhere and I don't want to be branded or assumed that I m only a card magician...

When people ask me to do impromptu magic, I would do a mentalism trick or stigmata or the twisting arm illusion, etc,..
Siclone
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Siclone
I was pretty much joking guys, I don't wear my cards around like a necklace or anything Smile

But I will be honest, considering I'm in college right now, there is always a deck in my bookbag.
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
3/4 coins across by Wilson, 3 quarters.

Ring Thing routine by Garett Thomas, just a ring.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I always carry the Quantum Bender 2.0, & a few rubberbands.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Lylaster, great suggestion, the ring thing routine! A rubberband routine is always greatly appreciated.
If I am in a bar, I usually perform Wassup! by Daniel Garcia or Sinful by Wayne Houchin. Depends if they have cans or bottles.
Stigmata using one of my business cards.
Math by Daniel Garcia, if I have coins on me.
Sorry, I kinda went too far with this.Smile
If I have cards on me, then that is a completely different story as I have 3 impromptu card acts ready, IF I decide to perform.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Great way to be prepared is to get some of Gregory Wilson's DVds from L&L Pub. With his material practiced and polished, you will NEVER be caught off guard. Guaranteed!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bond_jmesbond007
View Profile
New user
India
70 Posts

Profile of bond_jmesbond007
Also, you could just pull a thread from somewhere and go on with SAW. This is a very good effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Put on the Spot... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL