The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing ferrari surronded by 30 persons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
I have seen Luis de Matos show in Lisbon and it was indeed one of the best magic shows I have ever seen, and in my opinion better than DC show.
He made a Ferrari disappear surronded by thirty persons...

In the middle of the stage was a ferrari, and under the 4 wheels were 4 rectangular boxes, so the ferrari was above the ground.
He invited 30 persons to walk around of the ferrari and then a curtain has been rised and, 5 seconds later, when the curtain falled the ferrari has completely vanished.

I would like to know where can I learn such spectacular illusion. If you have any particular question please ask, and I will awnser to it.

Many Thanks!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I'd love to see that illusion! It sounds incredible!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Sounds similar to Melinda’s Lamborghini car vanish. However, it was on a platform and the back wheels were raised. So the car could reach 2oo mph before disappearing.

Wonderful illusion and pretty ingenuous and simplistic when you think about it.

Man I want to see his show sooo bad!

Mike
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The first part is the hardest part...You have to buy a Ferrari. After you buy one, let me know so we can work on it a little more. (just kidding) Smile Smile Smile
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Very true.

You should change the topic title to Making $250,000.00 disappear. LOL

Mike
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Dear Joao,

I am sorry to say I do not share your opinion of Luis de Matos. He is too much a carbon copy of D.C, right down to the looks.
Unfortunately he never seems to do anything original.
D.C made a plane vanish the same way many years ago, and the Orient Express too ( a la Asrah).

In what ways do you find this better than the DC show?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Hi all:

Well i have to agree Lee and Joao too. Why? Because i think that Luis is a great magician. But i know that he does a lot of things, inspired in David. Of course i think that anyone must do his own magic.

But a few days ago, i saw in spanish television, a spanish magician (i´ve never seen before) doing the same tricks that David. Do you remember the game with the duck and the boy? Well he did the same, with the same movements, and so on. But he did sooooo bad that made me cry Smile He was an awful magician and an awful copy of David.

So if you would like to do magic inspired by Copperfield... at least, do it not well... very well. And Luis De Matos does it well.

But i don´t think that better than David. After seeing the illusion Voyaeur, i could dead in peace... it is a miracle. The perfect magic. It is great. David is great.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
People, opinions are opinions. I do not want to discuss about Luis de Matos and Copperfield.

Mike_york said "So the car could reach 2oo mph before disappearing."

What means 200 mph??
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Joao,

In answer to you original question, you might wish to begin your search for the vanishing car effect here:

http://www.magicmakersillusions.com/

Click on "original illusions."

Lyndel
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
200 MPH would be 200 Miles Per hour. This is what we use in the states to determine how fast our cars are going. Sorry about the confusion.

Take a look at magicmakers version. Thought it may not the same exact version you still can get a good understanding of the effect.

Mike
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Yes, but the problem with the version you are saying is that the whole thing can´t fall, because the car is...... you know.
With the version that Luis made the impact was spectacular, because the car was surrounded...

People, where is it gone???
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
How you say... confederates?...

Smile

Lyndel
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
No, no, no.... you say "El Stoogoes"! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
So the persons that have surronded the car were stooges??

Are you sure about that?
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
in the first place, i feel that we should never write off that magic involve 'human stooges', especially grand illusion. like it or not, stooges are used in the real world. one famous tv grand illusionist always said'at no moment will this camera cut away, what u see on tv is exactly what u will see if u were here'...blah,blah,blah. it is true that there is no tv editing, but what about the so called 'volunteers'? the important point is that not all of volunteers are stooges, but a few or some among the bigger group would do the trick, or these stooges are positioned in a way to cover up the angles problems.

& the next issue we might argued: about cheating those innocent audience or does the magician ever feel guilty....but the main point is that DO MAGIC WITHOUT GULIT, MAGIC TEACHES US TO LIVE WITHOUT GULIT(quoted by Eugene Burger).

after seeing this post, some would feel that i am talking ****, or feel that i am trying to discredit their favorite magician, but that is not my point. i just hope that the next time when watching illusions, all of us would watch it from another frame of mind.

human stooges...like it or hate it, but u can't ignore it

thxs & wish u all a happy new year
never try, never know
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Vanishing ferrari surronded by 30 persons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL