The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kaos Preview? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I am interested to get this trick .

The problem is that I would never order from Ellusionist since they ask OUTRAGEOUS
HIGH shipping costs to Canada.

I will wait to buy from a Magic Café user.
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
Rivardjlr,

I think Airmail is $9 to Canada...

Brad.
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
Tempest, on a scale from 1-10 (10 be hardest) how would you rate the handling of this effect?
the effects sounds mindblowing by the way.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
To be fair, iv don;t think if ever "heard" of a effect that doesn;t sound mind blowing
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
Haha..true huh
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
That's exactly what I call high shipping costs to ship a dvd.I ship a dvd to USA for $3 us....

Quote:
On 2006-10-24 13:51, bradchristian wrote:
Rivardjlr,

I think Airmail is $9 to Canada...

Brad.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Actually, I just recieved some magnets which I was charged 9$ shipping on, and the whole order itself was about 3$, and on the package itself was the actual posted shipping price; $2.50
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
skyh
View Profile
New user
Berkeley, CA
53 Posts

Profile of skyh
Quote:
On 2006-10-26 13:38, gdw wrote:
Actually, I just recieved some magnets which I was charged 9$ shipping on, and the whole order itself was about 3$, and on the package itself was the actual posted shipping price; $2.50

It's not $9 Shipping, but $9 Shipping & Handling. It requires highly skilled labor to pack up that little box and put a stamp on it - if the slightest mistake is made, Candian Customs will blow up the package as a suspected WMD, and US Homeland Security will put the sender in Guantanamo. Only specially trained and certified packers can avoid this tragic outcome, and they don't come cheap. $6.50 for the job is a steal.
Sky
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yeah, but that's a full hours wage, at minimum pay here in Canada.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
LOL !!!!

Quote:
On 2006-10-26 14:21, skyh wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-10-26 13:38, gdw wrote:

It's not $9 Shipping, but $9 Shipping & Handling. It requires highly skilled labor to pack up that little box and put a stamp on it - if the slightest mistake is made, Candian Customs will blow up the package as a suspected WMD, and US Homeland Security will put the sender in Guantanamo. Only specially trained and certified packers can avoid this tragic outcome, and they don't come cheap. $6.50 for the job is a steal.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Any update on this?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1974 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I'm also waitng..grr I hate hyping months in advance! wheres the demo? Cmon already!
Doc Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena, CA
151 Posts

Profile of Doc Magic
This sounds like it's going to be a great effect, can't wait to read the reviews.
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."- Aldous Huxley
chris311
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chris311
I read on the ellusionist forum that sean said to the best of his knowledge it would be released before the 20th of this month.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
The new Magic Magazine says it's supposed to be released Nov. 16th. I hope that's right!
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
399 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
I want to copy and paste part of my post from the Ellusionist forums:

"Quote:
What you have to understand is that Sean really does not like the normal card through window effects. Or maybe he has a respect for them but like me he believes they are really lacking. This is a totally new thing here. Or an old principle brought together to bring us a new effect. No throwing decks or anything. Basically the impossible is going to happen, you are goin to slowly and visually pull a card right through the glass. I can't wait for everyones reactions after the preview video is uploaded.

P.H."

"Yes Yes YES! Exactly.

KAOS is for those who are serious about magic. KAOS is for those of you which choose to be realistic in your approach, for those who want an impromptu Signed Card Through ANY Window effect, at YOUR disposal, at ANY time. Think about that.

This effect is not for magicians. This effect was geared towards laymen. I could care less about doing magic for magicians, when I create something, it's for my audience. My audience is the lay community. So, don't get disappointed because it's not a true, REAL miracle.

It's an illusion, and a darn powerful one.

If you appreciate a well thought out, quality thinking, and a simple, effective, and just plain unique effect, this is for you.

If you love magic and you like unique thinking, I'm willing to clean your house if you don't appreciate it.

I'm confident, and I'm truly hoping that you guys appreciate the time and effort that went into this. I've been reading every post, and doing my absolute best to answer all questions fairly and honestly. I just want to make sure you guys understand everything, so when you buy it, you will appreciate it.

It would make me overjoyed to see you guys show an appreciation of an effect like this. I know a TON of you guys, and I would strongly consider this place a family, a community that I trust. I consider all you guys my friends. I just hope everyone takes things into consideration before purchasing this. I would hate to see this exposed, or "borrowed."

It's not about making a quick buck, but rather about me trusting my community, my peers, to be respectful to a fellow brother.

Not everyone will like KAOS, I realize this. But I hope that the efforts won't go unnoticed. : )

||Sean ||"

The police are getting their riot shields right now. Prepare for war against the "Possible."

We are about to break minds my friends. : )

||Sean ||
//Sean Beard
chris311
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of chris311
Maybe ellusionist will send out the preview throught their newsletter. that's usually what they do with many other of their dvd's. if its coming out next week then I'm guessing they'll probably send the newsletter at the beginning of the week....i hope.
Masonogy1
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Masonogy1
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Just saw the video but it is not visual at all !
Is there something special here ? A palm, some comedy and the trick is done Smile
Maybe there is more to it... But it does not show on this preview video.

Nicolas
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Yey!! the long awaited demo is here!!!
I think it looks good, I will get this
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kaos Preview? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL