The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kaos Preview? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Papa I agree only your missing spitting on the card and showing your hands empty. I can't really see the crowd I do magic for holding a mess of cards up the entire time for no logical reason.
" can I put these down now?."
"no"
" but you already got a hold of the card"
" umm the card is shy while pulling it through the window"
Repoman23
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Repoman23
Any word on the price of it?
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
165 Posts

Profile of big dan
$24.95. This will also be available on instant download too.

all the best

dan
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This looks very good and very practical, something most CTWs are not. Hats off to you Sean, this looks great.

This will be my first official purchase from E.

And the spec is not holding the cards up to the window for no reason, they are holding up the cards so you can pull theirs through. Makes perfect sense to me.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
So once you have hold of the card why should they continue to hold them up. in front of their face where they can;t see....
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4456 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
They can see, you do it at about shoulder height. The cards will still be able to be seen. Wait for the real reviews where we really learn what is going on, rather than speculation
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that the specs couldn't see you from the demo. That little girl looks like she can see Daniel.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Repoman23
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Repoman23
Doesn't the price tag of $24 basicly lead you to believe their is a major flaw with this trick?

I mean, the way it is being shown in the demo, looks like it should cost a lot more if their wasn't a major drawback
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

I don't see your logic. This is an impromptu trick which can be done with a borrowed deck. There are no gimmicks to buy.

I think I've sussed the method (or part of the method) but I am looking forward to seeing Daniel teach the trick and the sublties that go along with it. After all, I have no idea how you get into the trick (they don't show it on the demo). And that's the trick, isn't it?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 19:49, Repoman23 wrote:
Doesn't the price tag of $24 basicly lead you to believe their is a major flaw with this trick?

I mean, the way it is being shown in the demo, looks like it should cost a lot more if their wasn't a major drawback

What!

It looks like a sensible approach to the card through window or door. If I wanted to do the trick I would buy it. Congrats to DG and company.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Repoman23
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Repoman23
An impromtu card through window like this should cost $100 at least imo.

$24 is way too affordable I have my doubts.

Generally it seems like in magic the better the trick the more expensive it is, for the most part
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2586 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Anything can look amazing if you only show the trick beginning with its finale. Having said that, the concept is a pretty one. Shame they cannot/will not show the trick from the beginning. I always find that telling.

Of course, this is partly the community's fault. If someone did stumble onto the method, they would just take the lovely finish without paying for it. Let's face it, if you can deceptively palm a card, add a clever Marlo ruse often done on a table's edge, and you could replicate the ending on your own. But it would be wrong to do so.

Sadly, Sean has given away the what is probably the best part of the trick, the visual ending for others to take without paying for it. An interesting Catch-22.

And there is no correlation between cost and quality. A well handled classic force can produce a miracle far more staggering than many expensive products. The visual of the ending alone is worth the asking price, if someone were to use it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7007 Posts

Price and quality of trick vary greatly. I don't think it's true at all that good tricks are more expensive. There is a lot out there that isn't expensive at all but fantastic.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1041 Posts

Profile of deputy
Looks pretty darn good to me
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
$24 is such a cheap price.If I like a product, I like to credit the creator even though I knew the method.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9168 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So when can we buy this? It said tomorrow yesterday. Does that make sense?
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
It says tomorrow today Smile
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Well, I think it suppose to come out on thursday, since the video has just been posted in their main page today
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Congrats Sean!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9168 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Perhaps it will say tomorrow till Thurs. Strange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Kaos Preview? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.43 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL