We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Why David Blaine is a "Street Magician" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
He is exactly what NYC hip-hop and underground music fans dig and the older generation (and older-styled young people) just can't even understand.
You think his "Street Magician" title is because he performs on the streets? Ain't no way. It's his NYC Sreet Culture thing and he's keepin' it real! If you have no idea what I mean by that, that's exactly my point!
Like P.Diddy loves to say, "You think you know, but you have no idea...."!
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
For the record, he does not have the title "Street Magican" David Blaine himself has never called himself a "Street Magician". A "Street Magician" is a busker. A Busker is a person who makes their living by performing on the street.

David Blaine created a TV special called "Street Magic". In that special he performed walk around magic tricks for the man on the street and filmed their reactions.

Walk around magic is what David's profession was before the special. I have been told he was very good at it.

If this is the type of magic you are interested in you may want to check out the "Party Strollers" area of the forum.

The only people who refer to David Blaine as a "Street Magician" are the ones who think they know, but have no idea.

Best,
Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Spade
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Spade
That's exactly it Dan. His special was called "Street Magic", but he has never called himself a street magician!
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Thanks Spade, and also for the record I like Blaine. I thought his first special was very good.

His appearance on the scene has been very good for my business.

I think it does him a disservice to refer to him as a "street magician" when that is not what he is all about.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5707 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I was referring to the use of and rationale behind the word "Street" that he uses, it seems as you said, in his show's title.
Yup, he didn't call himself that. MY BAD....
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The way Blaine does his performances is probably for publicity. I can tell he's doing an excellent job. Us members don't say much about Copperfield, or Blackstone. It's always Blaine. Whatever he did must of been perfect for publicity. I can tell because it seems like he has all of us guys under control, because we are always bringing up his name. Can we all try and get out of his trance, let's break free from it before 2003. It won't be easy. But I know if we try teamwork, and use our minds we will all escape his powers. Is there anyone willing to break free before 2003? Well...anyone?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
its ok to talk about blaine...just not here...this is a street magic magic foum...blaine does not do streett magic....

koz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Why David Blaine is a "Street Magician" » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL