The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Anybody heard of Ray Comfort? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
I was wondering if anybody had heard of Ray Comfort and his ministry?
He also does a little sleight of hand. I bought D'lites from him and they were really good for getting people to stop and talk to me. Once they stop I can take them through the good person test. :^)
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
I heard of him.
Grandice
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Grandice
Yep we heard of Ray, he's been around for quite sometime, he's working now with kirk cameron. We really like his way of sharing the gospel.
We build custom large scale illusions visit us @ http://www.grandiceillusions.com
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Yeah so do I. I go out with my churches evangelism team and set a table and do gospel magic. It usaully gets a good response from the public.
llsouder
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of llsouder
This thread is about his site... sort of, kind of:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......6&13

Way of the Master is on TBN and some other channels, I love watching the show, it really gets you pumped up to wittness!
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
I have a couple of his books.

He's a wonderful speaker.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
BradBrown
View Profile
Regular user
Florence, KY, USA
183 Posts

Profile of BradBrown
He's spoken at my church a couple of times. I really like what he has to say. His "Hells Best Kept Secret" teaching has impacted how I present the Gospel in my programs. (I really didn't get it at first, but after giving some thought, I've come to believe he's right.) I highly recommend checking it out. You can listen to it for free at his website, http://www.LivingWaters.com

-Brad
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

He has a gospel illusion called the pink and blue. It is GREAT for witnessing because the spectator gets to take home the trick. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a few packs!
You can get them at livingwaters.com
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
148 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
I watch Way of the Master as often as I can. I use a lot of stuff from their website ( livingwaters.com ) too. I like the curved illusion, kind of. My favorites are the ten commandment coin, and the million dollar bill

Mike
mikecorry.com
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Yeah the million dollar bill is EXCELLENT to use for sharing the gospel.
Ethan the Emazing
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Let me tell you a story:
I first saw Ray Comfort about 7 years ago on a show very late at night that was called "The Evidence." He answered questions to some very tough questions. Then he gave a presentation of the "evolution of a Coke can" to show the absurdity of the theory of evolution. He followed that by showing how the apple and the banana were designed specifically for human consumption and could not have evolved or have been an accident. I was floored. It was so simple, but I had never heard anyone explain it that way before.

I ran out the next day and gave the same presentation to an agnostic friend of mine while eating a meal at the local IHOP. ...He looked at me kind of funny, but after more than five years of friendship and me constantly witnessing and arguing with him, I finally said something that made him think. From that same show, I had learned to use the Ten Commandments in presenting the Gospel. Suddenly, my self-righteous, agnostic friend was faced with the proof that he had sinned against God and that, should he be judged, he would end up in hell. He began reading his Bible and trying to find evidence for evolution, (he found none). It wasn't long after he began the search that he repented of his sin and surrendered his life to Christ. He now works in a Christian book store and has led many others who thought as he once did, to Christ.

Fast forward a couple of years. He and I are roommates and he's searching the web for Gospel tracts and came across Ray Comfort's site, (this is quite a while before he teamed up with Kirk Cameron). He pointed it out to me and I saw one called "The Atheist Test"; which had the evolution of the Coke can in it, as well as the story about the banana. I got excited. I found his picture on that site and exclaimed, "THAT'S HIM!" I had not seen Ray since that one late night show and had no idea what his name was. I bought a lot of tracts online that night and haven't stopped since. I have some of Living Waters' tracts on me at all times.

I'm currently teaching a mentoring class at my church on sharing your faith and I'm using Ray Comfort & Kirk Cameron's 'Way of the Master' materials. I have gone out witnessing with a group from my church and my Pastor was impressed when he noticed me using magic to break the ice with strangers and to make Biblical points. He had never thought about magic in that way before and had never heard the Law used in evangelism. Now I buy tracts for the church to provide for the congregation. We use the tracts from Ray Comfort's site exclusively. Not only are they eye-catching and unique, but they aren't wishy-washy in their presentation of the Gospel. They are powerful witnessing tools and people not only thank you for them...they ask for more!

The "Hell's Best Kept Secret" sermon absolutely changed my outlook on, and approach to, witnessing. Telling a sinner precisely what they've done wrong first, (by taking them through the Law and allowing them to admit themselves that they are liars, thieves, adulterers, blasphemers, etc.), brings a knowledge of sin, brings conviction and makes the good news of the Gospel make sense. I've seen it happen over and over again.

I've got several of Ray Comfort's books, I've got the first season of 'The Way of the Master' television show on DVD, I teach that witnessing material in my church, I've preached it from the pulpit and I even have that original "The Evidence" show that started it all on video. Unless I hand out so many that I run out, you will never catch me anywhere, (including, as some friends found out just a week ago, in a swimming pool), without Gospel tracts on me. I recommend that if you haven't heard it, go to http://www.livingwaters.com or to http://www.wayofthemaster.com and listen to "Hell's Best Kept Secret." ...It'll make a dedicated witness out of you!

So, yeah...I've heard of Ray Comfort!!
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-10-04 17:27, Ethan the great wrote:
He has a gospel illusion called the pink and blue. It is GREAT for witnessing because the spectator gets to take home the trick. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a few packs!
You can get them at livingwaters.com

Yep. Been using this one for several years.
I perform "Boomerang Lies" and then hand out the tracts so the spectators can perform the same illusion for their friends. ...They've got something cool that they'll hold onto and show their friends and, best of all, it has a Gospel message on the back!!

For those who don't know, "Boomerang Lies" is a sponge trick that is the same illusion as the Gospel tracts. Two different colored, curved sponge 'boomerangs' are shown. One, (say the red one), appears larger than the other, (yellow), one. Then, suddenly, the yellow one is larger. ...No, it's the red one...no, wait...
There is a presentation that goes with it about how lies, like boomerangs, always come back to get you. This trick is very visual. I usually perform it second-to-last in a show and the "Curved Illusion" tracts are offered at the end of the show. Since the trick was just performed, it is fresh in the minds of the audience and they are quick to grab the tracts. (I suggest that you don't offer them at the beginning or in the middle of the show or you'll have people playing with them and reading them through your performance and they may miss something cool and/or important!)
BryanKelly
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of BryanKelly
I too am very impressed and very thank full with Ray's work...i had no ideal he had so much material on his website... thanks guys for the links
Christian Illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Ohio (currently located in Missouri)
503 Posts

Profile of Christian Illusionist
I've listened to him on different occasions and have a few of his books.

I enjoy what he has to say/write very much.
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Though he is not really a magician, but more of a evangelist, I like him, pretty good overall.
mrtricky
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
60 Posts

Profile of mrtricky
Ray's message is focused and powerful as a result of his focus. His line of thinking as it relates to evangelism has influenced my own thought processes.

-E
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
Someone once forwarded me a link to his evolution of the Coke can and ID'd bananna video.
It really speaks volumes as to the need to dramatically increase the funding to science education in the US.
If I was ever approached by someone using this spiel to show me the truth of the "Good News" I wouldn't be swayed in the slightest. One could drive trucks sideways through the holes in the logic of this video. Coke cans aren't self replicating and the bananna we have today is the result of human driven horticulture.
I'd be more persuaded by showing how ones life could be improved through the following of Christ's teachings than I would by someone preaching to me on the evils of science.
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 14:49, Thetruthteller wrote:
Coke cans aren't self replicating...

The purpose of the example was to show the holes big enough to drive a truck sideways through in the THEORY of macro evolution. To that end, I believe it does a good job. Stated banana nonsense aside, you mentioned here that Coke can's aren't "self-replicating"; as if that ends the argument. While we could debate whether the earth is "self-replicating" or not, the illustration shows that the idea that the earth, with everything contained therein, could be formed and developed from a bang of chaos, (instigated by nothing), in a sea formless nothingness is illogical and absurd. I find it hard to miss the simplicity of the illustration unless one makes a conscious decision to ignore it completely to pacify their own conscience.
Thetruthteller
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Thetruthteller
This is not the proper place to discuss this particular topic as it doesn’t pertain to the topic of the performance of magic. Nothing that either of us can say will change the others mind for as they say “For those who believe no explanation is necessary, for those who don’t know explanation will suffice”.
All I was trying to bring up was that most everyone I know, if they were approached by someone trying to convince them of the existence of God because a Coke can couldn’t evolve would never stop laughing. To refute the theory of evolution you’d have to come up with a much better argument like. . . . . well there hasn’t been one yet, but keep trying you might just find it and win yourself a Nobel Prize!
One should talk to the benefits of their faith not try to prove their faith is true with silly ****ogies that anyone who has even the slightest understanding of biology could easily refute.
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
"To refute the theory of evolution you’d have to come up with a much better argument like. . . . . well there hasn’t been one yet,"

Michael Behe,

http://www.arn.org/authors/behe.html

"even the slightest understanding of biology could easily refute."

I would say someone who has the slightest understanding of biology are more dangerous than the ones that have a broad and well encompassing understanding of biolgy are. It are those with the slightest understanding that push so hard for evolution. When by all principles of science macro evolution should be given no credit. Science isn't evil. It's freaking cool. Ever freeze and shatter a rose in sceince class? Awesome. However bad science that doesn't really follow objectivity (like macro evolution)is dangerous.

I'm not saying that there aren't exponents of Behe or others, I'm just saying that those who believe all real scientists are evolutionists are laymen to science. Macro evolution is disputed by just as many non-creationist scientists as it is by creationist scientists.

But this is a magic forum. Let's leave it to magic.
Joshua 24:15
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Anybody heard of Ray Comfort? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL