The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Ok... I have to ask!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
Ok... How was the convention???

I was waiting for somebody to make a post but nobody has...

I'm sorry that I missed it. I'm sure a good time was had by all.

Let those of us that didn't get a chance to go, find out what we missed...

Michael
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Give me a day or two, you'll have my full report,

Just please understand it was amazing!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
I'll tell you one thing, Criss Angel can bring in the great looking girls. This thing is growing leaps and bounds. What a great time! A lot of new faces and many "old" favorites. I've got pics up on my page:

http://www.starry.com/magic/escapes.htm

Ace Starry
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
LOL! Criss' role in all future magic conventions is now well defined! I hope to make it next year. I do, I do!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I've got reviews of the convention on other message boards. I'll let someone else make the big post on the convention, here!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
The convention was great. Maybe next year more of you will make it. Please try as it's such a great time together. It seems like every year it just gets better and better. Here's a concise run down of the schedule of events from my perspective. I hope others will write about their experiences of the weekend, and post more pictures. Ace, thanks for posting your pictures so quickly. Good times!

Friday night kick off evening event had 78 of us in straitjackets while the local TV crew interviewed many of us on live TV. Kristen performed her dramatic water torture cell escape to an enthusiastic crowd. She held her breath over 3 minutes and her head never reached the top of the tank. Kristen's performance really rocked and was probably why the TV footage got picked up in other states. The TV crew got such a kick out of us that they stayed the evening and did 3 broadcasts that night from our convention. We left the convention hall around midnight on Friday.

Saturday had a fun Padlock Picking contest, Kevin Ridgeway's lecture on "bumping", Bill Shirk's lecture, a Handcuff Picking contest, Criss Angel's lecture, and finally our evening show. Good thing Mark booked a larger hall than last year because the place was packed! During the show, Kristen and Kevin were presented with the well-deserved Silver Cuffs Award. After the show, many of us headed up to Mark and Sheila's room for pizza, soda, and a chance to just relax together, share experiences, make new friends, and celebrate old friendships.

Sunday, after brunch at the hotel dining room, there was a "special' escape contest. It involved S&W model 104's, a blue box, a belly chain and a Master padlock. Pick the padlock open, remove the chain and blue box, pick open the handcuffs, and you win $500. Joe Fox flew through the challenge in 1 minute 30 seconds, with Margarette right on his heels. Great job Joe!!! Sunday closed with a very interesting and emotionally moving lecture by Mark Cannon on a Mid-19th century escape artist named Harry Cooke. Mark must be the foremost authority on H. Cooke as the wealth of information that he presented was just incredible. At 11am we all gave our last good-byes, hugs, pictures, and final book and handcuff purchases as one by one, escape artists sadly left the convention room. Sad because we were saying good bye to people we developed a bond with, people who we've grown to love and respect. People we are very proud to call our friends.

Now there's only 360 days left until the 5th Annual Escape Artist Convention! So start planning on attending and joining the fun with us!

Joe
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
Joe Marotta is being modest. He won the handcuff picking contest, opening a pair of S & W 104s in about two seconds. Wow!

Joe
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Yes Joe Marotta was being very modest, he did a great job in that contest.

Also to clarify something, Kristen and I were awarded the Masters Award from Thomas Blacke and Escape Masters Magazine. Bill Shirk won the Silver Cuffs award and deservedly so.

The convention was amazing, Mark & Sheila Cannon really outdid themselves. Time and time again people noted how great the people were, how open and sharing everyone was.

Congrats to all the contest winners!!!

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hi Guys,

4 reports and a bunch of pictures are now available

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cannons4/

see you there.

Cliff

P.S. feel free to add reports or pictures if you so choose. I had such a great time at the convention, I want to be able to remember it forever!
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Joe and Kevin&Kristen: Thanks you guys, but really, I think it took me more like 4 or 5 seconds to get out. I think the shocked look on my face when I won really said it all.

Kevin& Kristen, sorry for my poor memory. That's right, you guys were awarded the Masters Award and Bill received the Silver Cuffs. Thanks for the correction.

Now that I own a pair of S&W 104's, I'll be spending the next few months "picking" them open....
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
*Sigh*

I REALLY hope I can make it to the next one.

Hope you guys had a ball. And congrats to all those that got awards. :o)

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
dmm
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dmm
Hi,

I am new to escapes, I am a full time performer, but have always been fascinated with Escapoloy. I wish I could have been there, but I had prior bookings. Thanks for sharing your experiences, and I look forward to the opportunity to learn from all of your expertise as I learn!
Doc Allgood
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
156 Posts

Profile of Doc Allgood
I can't wait to see Joe "The Sultan of Shim" Marotta take on "Mighty" Joe Fox at next years convention.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Ok... I have to ask!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL